NEED TONS OF HELP!!!< PLEASE!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3810
ok gusy, well i have the Kenwood KDC MP822 HU, i have never installed a HU and my friend handed me this one to do to this car, he also gave me a little box called a KENWOOD sirius Satalite radio tuner KTX-SR903, is this needed to make the HU work???????

NOw here is my problems, after that one of couse, in the back of the Hu it has lots of little wires that go in a lil white box that looks like it plugs into somen, what do i do with that??? and it has three RCAs, front, rear, non fading, which one should i use for my amp??? after that, it has a thick black wire coming out next to the rcas that goes for about 5 inches then goes into a really think plastic thing that has another wire plugged into it with a little silver thing holding it in place, i cant get this off, but what in the world is it??? is it a ground?? a power??? a thing that goes the to other box??? is the other box neccessary since we arent going to use satalite radio?? after that one the other side of the abck of the HU there is a slightly thinner black wire that comes out into a plastic thing that has nothing attached/?? what does this do, is there somen in my car that plugs into this/?? whats giong on lol???

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3811
OHHHH i forgot, and on the little other black box it has some things, one says to HU with a hole, audio out, left and right, to controller, antenna and to slave unit, what do i do to hook all these up, where can i get the wires??? what is a slave unit??

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 376
ok ill answer all i can.

Little white box ?

this plug connects to a wiring harness if you dont have a harness but the cd player shows you what each wire does you can cut them and just connect them to your cars harness

RCA ?

I would use the non fading if your amp is powering a sub, front if its powering front speakers, and rear if its power rear speakers.

Thick black thing ? (lol)

Im assuming this is your antenna wire but it is hard to tell from the way you are describing it

Satellite ?

I dont know but i wouldnt think so

hope i helped but if u screw something up with what i said then i was never here :-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3818
yea, i am not even going to bother with you haha jk, BUMP!

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 371
A slave unit is like an external single CD player or equalizer. The Sirius should just hook up to the back of the unit like a CD changer. It's absolutely necessary to hook up if you want your friend to hear Sirius Satellite radio!

Does that help?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3820
yea, but i dont want to use it, he isnt planning on using it, is it free??

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3821
well basically, i pretty much think the kid stole this HU and box and everyhting, not sure, i guess i should ask, if i hook it all up, is it tracable since its like satalite or somen??

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
It requires a subscription to use...and it isn't traceable unless he tries to activate it (he would have to call to activate it...I think you have to verify you bought it or something...)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3824
what do you mean he tries to activate it??? I mean if i hook everything Up, he turns the HU on, will it be able to be traced back to me?? or him?? or what?? im confused, or does the satalite have to be turned on?? or can u please go into detail, im confusing myself

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3826
also a quick little side question, is this a good HU???

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
It's fair, Kenwood has had some reliability issues as of lately, though.

They can't track the unit at all. Sorry that I didn't state that clearly...

In way of how it works, it's like a cellphone.You have to get it activated before you can use it, right? And it still will turn on, it just doesn't get any service. But since each cellphone has it's own serial number(as do all electronics) when you call to activate it, they could possibly see that the unit you have is stolen(by comparing serial numbers) and should not be activated. But even that happening is pretty unlikely...so...just forget about the thing unless he HAS to have Sirius and wants to pay 12.95 a month.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3838
ok well, can i buy a new one somewhere for a pretty reasonable price

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
Yeah, you can get a plug and play unit off ebay.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3845
awesome, how much are they usually??? and also, are RCA cables neccesary, im guessing yes lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
Like 80 bucks...more or less, and you can just get a cable that converts the headphone jack into RCA.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3861
awesome, thank you alot for that, but a one more questions, i tried to go hook it up in my car, and in my car it has 2 small plugs that my old Kenwood KDC 319 plugged into and this Hu has one big plug to use, should i take this big plug off, take the asmll ones off my old one, and re attach it??

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
I'm not sure what the small plugs look like, heh heh. But yeah, try to use the big plug...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us