Richard Hassler this post is for you

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2249
Hey man im gonna have to drop doin the snail shell with you. My brother is very busy workin on his house and takin vacations and such so its gonna be a while until i can get him to settle down and study this stuff with me. I have no doubt I will be able to build this box in the future but for now ill have to wait.

Thanks,

Sean

ps...id be happy to design you an abc box for your subwoofer though if you like.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 261
Hey sean, that's ok, it's all good lol. But could you design some type of box that would perform close to a SS. Hows this abc compaired to the SS box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2250
if youve seen the post with the 6.5 ich speakers i made youll see one in action its basically supposed to give you two tuned ports one for low bass and one for higher bass the intresting thing is this guys post turned out to 32 and 45 hz but the impedance droped lowest at 32.5 and 64.5 hz basically an octave apart and as you know lower impedance equals more power....i have a theory that a third chamber may be beneficial to lower the impedance again only where its high on his graph just create a tune port in the middle of the two he did like 25 36 48 giving you theoretical low impedances at 50 72 96 hz and smaller impedances across the impedances in between....what do you think look at the post and what he says about his tunes of 32 hz and 45 hz then read the stuff about the graph and see if you agree with me.......i bought two of those 6.5's hes using there by the way....it cost me 92 bucks and change shipped....heres the post

http://www.cardomain.com/id/kennywrx

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 149
canyou imagine a bot likr that with 15s that would be bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 2251
yeah richard has a re 15 im proposing to do with the abc if he wants to

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 263
hmmm.. well it seems to me you know a lot about building/creating Box's and the specs for them so ill agree with you 100% lol. I'm up for it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2253
oh know i know how to build the abc but im far from a pro but i wanted you to study what i wrote with what the guy wrote and tell me what you would conclude ....were a team here.. two brains are better than one

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 152
man whenyou get it done let me know how it sounds

Gold Member

Post Number: 2254
sure will

Gold Member

Post Number: 2256
the comment "and smaller impedances across the impedances in between" should read "and smaller impedances accross the frequencies in between."

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 264
Ok, im not sure if im understandin this but, you think i should have 3 chambers instead of the 2 chambers that guy made and have 3 air ports?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2261
yeah

Gold Member

Post Number: 2262
and another joining port inside like the first two except instead of chamber one and two connected two and three also

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 265
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us