Rockford, jl, DD, ID MAX compared!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 55
hey i just got the new issue of car audio magazine and in this issue they compared one sub from each line, and the end result out of 80 points possible which compared SQ, build quility, how clear the sub was at high and low volumes, the rockford fosgate power series and the jl W6V2 tied with 68 points while the other two tied at 54 points, and the fosgate actually beat the jl in SQ and loudness and clarity, weird, huh? i'm still not gonna buy a RF though.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3991
Whatever those reviewers are smoking, I'd sure like to get some of it. I've heard the Power series.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 417
and how does the w6v2 and Id max not win for sound quality?... and i would assume DD would win build quality since they are all hand made... right?

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 190
haha... thats some BS.... haha

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 56
i'm sure its bs, but whatever, i like those DD's the 3500 series, thinkning about selling one of my kidneys to get me one of those...

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3764
couldi sell a kidney???

Bronze Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 23
Hey, everyone. I need an ID MAX 10 or 12 THIS WEEK!!! Can ANYONE refer me to the most inexpensive place to buy one? I would really appreciate it alot! No refurbished ones. Any suggestions?!?!?!?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1344
Get em from Sound Domain. They're the ONLY authorized internet dealer for ID(read manufacturer warranty) and are like 15% off which aside from ebay won't be much more that what'd you pay elsewhere when you factor in shipping costs($382 for the 12, $340 for the 10 w/ free shipping on both).

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Image+Dynamics~t~Subwoofers

Personally if I could find a factory refurbuished V3 at a significant savings I'd get it. It would basically be a "new" sub with possibly a few cosmetic blemishes. Then again Sound Domain is the only place I'd feel comfortable getting one and they only have a few of the entry level ID line available at the moment.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 236
I run all power series, and i have to say, i was THROUGHLY surprised. I am very very happy with it. Has great SPL and SQ. I honestly wouldnt doubt how it placed in the reviews. And Jonathen, what power series did you hear??? Its all about quality of the system. Im sure it would sound like sh*t...if some kid bought it, and put it in a best buy box,and slapped it in an honda civic. (meaning quality) but listen to a premium system with the power series. it sounds pretty good. Now i am no way doggin on JL, i love JL. JL is my next project for my g/f's SUV. But I think RF is makin a come back,

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2710
I honestly don't think any company that was once good, and then went south, can ever fully come back.

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 238
Well thats your opinion. Now weather its true...WELL NEVER KNOW!!! And (not starting a fight) i think you say that, b/c you do not like RF!!! (no offense)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1859
Lol, it doesn't supprise me either, some people just have a grudge agenst RF.
They wouldn't know good if it bit them in the a$$!:-) j/k haha

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2711
No offense taken Darren. I don't think Rockford is totally horrible, better of course than Sony, and I would say it's definitely better than Audiobahn. Personally, I don't like any lower quality companies. I really don't have anything agains RF, at least the stuff is decent. I just prefer better stuff. But I know, not everybody can afford higher quality stuff.

cuspid fo life
Unregistered guest
YEAH right suckas!!!! dey didnt compare the cuspid MAX POWER 12" supa woofa!!! 400 watts max baby, they shoulda dun dat cuze they woulda bit taylor azz off with the feel of awesome thunder power. RF is overrated, go with cuspid and youll never be left behind...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1864
hahaha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us