Weres a good place to mount 6 1/2" speakers in the front

Anonymous

in the front of my 79 pontiac phoenix in the midle of the dash is one 4x9" speaker and what i was thinking of doing is getting or making new kick panals that dont have the vents(i dont use them any ways)and then cuting a hole to mount a speaker witch well have to be boxed so the air coming in doesnt harm it at all do any of you think this is a good idea or evan posable

Anonymous

Does any one have any clue about this

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1539
just mount the 6.5" drivers in the doro panels.
easy enough to do, just use the speaker templates, mark the openings, and make sure you don't hit the window mechanisms.. then cut with an air saw.
should take half an hour to do both doors.
looks much neater than plywood panels.
if you want kick pods, do tehm in fiberglass.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 107
Should sound good, might have trouble on the drivers side, with the wiring and misc. fuse boxes, and such, but I did this before on an older trans am, and it sounded great. I fiberglassed in the back, to keep the vent air out (dust), and mounted 5 1/4th's in the kickpanels. What I did was fiberglass the original kickpanels (backside) with mounting structure built into the fiberglass, mounted out enough for basket clearence, then bolted the whole thing back into the stock location.

Anonymous

my dad would kill me if i put them in the door panels i just need to know where i can find new kick panels

Username: The_master

Bellmawr, Nj Usa

Post Number: 8
on these older cars i would make a plate up to mount 2 3.5 in that spot-make out of abs plastic and use some bass blockers to limit the low freq to them and then use a good powerfull rear fill 6x9 with amps --dont destroy your car-dad is right!!!this will look factory and sound ok

Anonymous

so far i have put 2 3.5's in the 4x9 hole i did that a long time ago but i dont like it because all the sound goes to my right ear
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us