BUILD ME A SYSTEM?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 29
Will ne1 completely build me a system and tell me where to get this stuff 2. My budget is roughly 1900$. inlcuding installation and wiring(ill do enclosure). I already have a alpine hu for 279$. So tell me what to get and where: I want 2 12" subs. 1 mono amp 2 power that. component speakers and an amp to power them. I dont want to have nething so powerful becuz my my,scion tc, doesnt make an upgraded alt. and i dont want a extra bat. or cap. or nething like that. Thx

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1596
damn do you not want to llisten? then ill give you more choices

memphis makes an amp that is supposed to be 80% effienct it produces 1100 watts. i dont remember what it is called but look it up.

as for subs go with 2 brahmas mk3s they only need about 600 watts to get moving good. as for components, there is a set of powerbass extremes comp. evolution set i think for around 200-260 they sound very nice. or mb quart makes some pretty good ones too. as for an amp take a look at boston acoustics(and even there comps, awesome product) there you go
or for an amp check out mmats, they are exspensive but really nice and i think some are up to 70% eff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
ok whwere od i buy these brahma's..and are u sure i dont need anything else to makes these work? what about polk momo components? ok as far as the amp for the component speakers? can they be mono or what do they need to be? and what is efficient?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1598
the amp for your comp. set must a class ab or a or b. and not mono.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1599
www.adireaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Can you tell me the model number specificly, not the series. and i really need this cleared up. 2 600 watt subs are not going 2 require an upgraded alt. or cap. or battery?

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 159
here is what i would do.
get 2 12" ascendant audio Avalanche. $440 at www.ascendantaudio.com
custom made box = $150
jbl 1200.1 = $300 on ebay or jl audio 1000/1
infinity kappa perfects components $225 on ebay
zapco reference 350.2 amp $225 on ebay
0 gauge wire with distributor with 4 gauge wire and 8 gauge wire should cost u around $100-$150.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 140
oh great, a fantasy system!
i would go elemental designs:

130v.2 4ohm subs 195.00x2 (600rms/sub)
Nine.1 amp 350.00 (1200Wx1)
Nine.2 amp 215.00 (100x2)
JL XR 3-way Set 359.00 (25-150rms)

that's about 1300.00 without installation.
the nine.1 is a class D amp so it won't cause a huge strain on your amp. it's about 50% efficient (like a 600W a/b amp).
all the ED equipment has great warranty and FREE shipping. http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=2&cur=USD

the jl components are at woofersetc.com w/ 1-2 yr warranty (not too many ebay stores w/warranties). http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=314&1=317&3=1234

put 200.00 towards an audiocontrol (or other) eq of your choice with 24db/octave x-over for the subs.

the additional 2-400.00 i would put toward 1/0 aug wiring and installation.

just one of many options i would go with if i installed it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
ok sorry but im not buying anything from woofersetc.com or any other unauthorized dealers...hunter do you have a sn i need 2 ask some othher questions you seem like u kno what ur talkin about? or you other guys i just need 2 talk 2 some1 on aim

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
??

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 141
dude. no offense. but you're acting like your paying us to give you advise. you're a newbie with a weak 1900.00 who "won't buy unauthorized" (including ebay).
ED is a "authorized" site because they make their own product. i tell you, lending hands to these inexperienced "i just want what everyone knows about" kids can be pretty useless. hope you find your aim though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok the ED site is fine, i kno i dont kno nething about this stuff. I appreciate all your guy's advice thou

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
but do you have a sn?

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
for 1900, if you want a good system your going to have to buy off ebay or online sacrificing the authorized warranty otherwise you'll get a sh!tty system for that money paying retail...hey i've bought most my stuff off ebay and i'm doing great...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
which amp 2 power 2 12" brahmas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
or what amp for 2 12' w3v2's

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
for 2 w3v2 get a jbl 600.1 or an mtx 801d

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ok what do you guys think about these components? infinity KAPPA50.7CS

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 256
Don't go with 2 12" jl w3v2's. You got about $1900, you could get better. go for 2 12" Adire Brahmas MK3 as Hunter said. as for an amp, a kicker kx1200.1 would work pretty good for the both of them.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2217
yeah i strongly agree with hunter all his suggestions are top notch quality and performance...you wont be disappointed with anything he suggested up there

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2218
another amp company to add to the list would be harrison labs powerfull efficient and small in size

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
im on the adirebrahma website and i dont see mk3's newhere...is that an abrreviation?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
im on the adirebrahma website and i dont see mk3's newhere...is that an abrreviation?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1601
ya the mk3 is the new version of the brahma. now you can either get it in dual 4 ohm or 2 ohm. it has shorter coils then the mk2 to make it more effiecnt and it has lost .5 of xmax, no big deal. go under mobile and just look for the brahma. i think the nine 1 would be a good match, it will be underpowering them a lil bit but o big deal. the nine 2 would be a good amp to run comps also. for comps look at boston acoustics awesome stuff, you might find some z series in your price range, if not you can look at image dynamics for them to.
http://adireaudio.com/Mobile/BrahmaSeries.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
should i get one 15' brahma or 2 w3v2's?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1606
1 15 brahma.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
ight thx, where can i get a nine1/nine 2 ive never heard of those..

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1607
www.edesigns.com

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1608
http://www.edesignaudio.com/us.php

oops wrong one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
that site doesnt work, would an orion 600D work well?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 703
brahma.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 704
try www.edesignaudio.com but the orion would work dependant on the enclosure size, and voice coil config. but i woudl rather go with the eD amp.

lovinthasound
Unregistered guest
so what does everyone think of the new brahma coming out better or worse than the last brahma?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 709
i think the older brahma would probably be better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
ok well if im only getting one brahma, u all think i should still get the ED nine 1?

Bronze Member
Username: Travisj

Post Number: 12
for sure. its a good amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ok so does this sound good: 1 brahma mk3, 1 ed nine1, boston acoustic Sl comps.(the z serious is a grand) and an ednine 2 for the components?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
??

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3757
jon, if youneed stuff i have tons of stuff for sale lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
lol im good man i have to get a "warantee" in sh*t

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
ok so does this sound good: 1 brahma mk3, 1 ed nine1, boston acoustic Sl comps.(the z serious is a grand) and an ednine 2 for the components? o ya do i really need an audiocontrol or equalizer for the one sub what will that do and where would i get it

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
ednine amps might be good but why not go for other amps that are well know so that if u decide to change amps or upgrade later u will be able to sell those amps easier...know what i'm saying. just my opinion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Ya your right, but right now ijust want the best for the money, i can spend a little more than that on amp 2, if theres somethingbetter for that sub..also should i be getting the brahma15d2 or d4?

Unregistered guest
I can get you a complete kicker stereo system...wiring,subs,amps,components,fullrange, anything etc. for $3000 retail, sell 4 $1500 hit me up...time is of the essence. you have until may 29th email me at
brianl286@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
for the kicker system...ill actually go as low as $1300...remember this is all high end sh**...hit me up for details
brianl286@yahoo.com

Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 6
Whos a Kicker Fan.... Not me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ya i dont like them but will some1 say something about the system setup so far
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help