Question on audiobahn, isaac

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 205
Ok, in one of Isaacs old posts you talked about overpowering the sub a little to get good volume and less disortion, i completely agree. question is this. I'm a little short on cash so i think im going with an audiobahn amp until i can upgrade to something better. I was thinking the A8002T, it's 800 at 4ohms. my subs are 350rms each. Since this 800w from the audiobahn isn't quite true wattage, how high would I have to go. I was thinking maybe a 1000w, 500 each, or would this be too much? I know some amps don't put out exactly what they say. i've been figuring out my amp situation for a while now, so incase you don't remember, I have 2 12" infinity perfects. thansk again.

goon

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3039
Howie, I think you're giving her an itch/rash! :-)
800W rms amp would be perfect for your subs. 1000w would also work but it'll cost you much more.
If your subs are 4ohms DVC, then you'll need to look for an amp that's either 1ohm stable, or 2ohms stable stereo amp.
James has Orion 250G4 amp that "might" be on sale. Ask him about it. He's going to use 2250SX amp to power his sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
I've always wondered about the orion 250g4, and just how "under rated" it really is. If 800 will work i will go with that, thanks man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
james if you are looking....let me know. if the price is right.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2706
How much are you willing to spend on one? I have one...

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
well i would first like to know how it will perform with two perfects rated at 350rms each. i know they are under rated, but are they that good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3074
Howie, ask James about the quality. If you've never played with high quality amps, then you'll be surprised.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
I'm on a tight budget at the moment. I was planning to spend only around >200, but I may be able to scrap some extra money together. What do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 166
yes that amp is great. very good sq amp and also very under rated. i might buy again for my ava 15" or just stick to zapco 1100.1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3076
Howie, people that only want SPL are the ones selling the G4 amps. Dumping it for Hifonics class Ds with high distorted watts.
You can always buy bad/cheap amps, but high quality ones are hard to find.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
ok so how much are we talking for the g4?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3084
Well I am not sure if you will find some nowdays, but some went for as low as $175 and as high as $350. Even at $350, it's still a great amp. Unlike lot of "1000w" amps, this one really delivers clean power.
The 3 250G4s I bought, I paid around $300, and the 275G4s, around $400.
If you find anyone selling it in good condition, it'll be worth every dollar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
thanks for the help isaac. if i'm not mistaken this is an attempt to keep me away from audiobahn amps, point well taken.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3088
Audiobahn A8002T and A8002T are great amps for low budget, but if you ever get a chance at high quality amps, don't hesitate. You won't regret it, and yes you will notice the jump in quality right away.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Ahh thats why this is so frustrating. I'm the kind of guy that buys high quality stuff, i see low quality items as a waist. but right now money is so tight, it's hard to not go for low budget, especially since I am ever so eager to get these subs moving. I need money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
I ment to ask you this before...what about the g5? is it as good as the older g4?

goon

Gold Member

Post Number: 3091
There's almost 2 versions of G5s. One made in US and another one made else where. The US model is still good and worth testing. The other one, I wouldn't recommend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us