I have 2 BRAND NEW orion xtr dvc 12" ferrofluid injected subs 800rms, now what?

Username: Camthebikenut

Lower mainland, BC

Post Number: 1
OK so as i said above they are new. long story short my friend was holding them in his house while her friend was leaving his gf, he forgot about them, i guess couldnt afford to use em, so they say in storage till about a month ago, when i cracked open the box for the first time.

So they are
XTR 12 DVC Ferrofluid injected
4 Ohm DVC
800watt RMS

I have been talking to a diff friend, and hes been telling me i can run both these subs from a ie single mono block 500rms X 1 amp... to me that doesnt make sense, wouldnt that mean that only 250 rms is going to each sub? and these are 800, why wouldnt i just go for a proper 800 to each sub setup? so here is my question, ive got the new 110amp alt, ive got the subs...now what, i dont have a clue as to how i should be doing this, but i have a feeling my friends just jealous and wants these tobe underpowered. So guys, you tell me how i should set this up, 1 amp or 2 what amp i should grab, new or used?
I listen to a lot of techno, so i want these to move around organs when they hit.....

N00b needing some help
Cam....

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 21
You should take a look at ebay to get a general idea of whats out there and what other people want

Heres a link to what others have rated the following audio companies just search for the ones who are higher up in the list

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/133838.html

They should sound good with a 500 rms amp just not as loud as they can get. They will last longer not being pushed so hard... I ran a 1200 rms Hx2 at that and it was just fine.

If you want some amp suggestions provide a a price range and whether you are going to run it at 4 ohms or 1 ohm I am assuming 1 ohm that would be best and probably less expensive
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us