Looking to update my system with equal or more loudness

Username: Fordtruckman

FL

Post Number: 1
I currently have (4) Kicker Comp VR 12" with (4) Rockford Fosgate Power 351s amplifiers in the back of a Ford Ranger xtd. cab. I was wondering, what new 2005 subwoofers and amplifers would be best to replace them if I were to get only 2 new 12" subs, that would be of equal or better then whats in their now. I have been looking around at Kicker L5 L7 or X, JL Audio 12w7, Alpine X, Rockford Fosgate T2 or the old Power HX2, and also same brands of amplifers. Any input of which one might be best would help me out and any other subwoofers or amplifers that are also good. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1828
Well, you are listing subs that are in different catagories! The l7's will get loud, but not much sq. People have also had problems with the older mottles crapping out on them. The square cone has stress points causeing it to fale. The HX2's are great... thats what I'm running:-) but not the best you mintioned... still good for the price though. The W7 is the best out of them... sq, and spl, but it is also the most expencive. The RF T2's are more of an spl sub as well. All depends on how much money you want to spend, what sound you are looking for, and what amp you are going to use.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1829
Also, the RE x.x.x is pretty good
www.reaudio.com it is 1600 rms, and is sq/spl.
and the Eclipse TI's. Also sq/spl. 750 watts rms.

FL

Post Number: 2
After I sell my current systm the four 12's and the amp's iam looking to spend around a $1000 for two new subs and amps. Also do you think that 2 15's might be better for in a truck or stick with the 12's. The comp vr's are good but I think that I would like to have more sq now that I have had the chance to hear spl. Also I never had it tested but what do you think my spl might be with the four 12's.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1837
It doesn't really matter what the sub size is... the 15's will need more space, but other than that, they won't be a lot better. Personally I like 12's.
With the 4 12's... I'm just guessing that the box is built right, and sealed... but you're hitting in the low to mid 130's.

Anonymous

I would definately go with the RE XXX12, give it about 1200RMS and you will be on your way! from what people told me on this forum, it would be really really loud. the funny part? it was even louder than i expected it to be from what people on the forum have told me. i pushed it with a 1200D from orion. hope this helps maybe.

FL

Post Number: 4
I will pobably be putting the speakers and amps up for sale in mid June. The main reason for selling them is for more space in the rear of the truck. What would be the best way of boxing two 12's to get the most out of them. Have them in separate boxes, together, sealed, ported, downfiering, or facing out. The 12's in their now are sealed and downfiering.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1844
Seald is usually better for sq, and ported is better for spl.
As far as facing the subs, a lot of people say that facing them tward the back increases the sq, and spl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us