Hey guys new to ecostics but need some help/advice

Username: Madmike

Canada

Post Number: 1
i just got a mrd-m501 amp and im planning on buying two 12 inch type r subs in a ported box but i dont know what to get 2 ohm or 4 ohm im a newbie at car stuff thats why im here posting, if it matters the system is in a 95 mx-3 precidia and also right now i got a cheap sub in the back just to test the amp i had the shop guys install it all but my mrd-m501 amp is alyways shutting down it says "curr" in the manuel the "Curr" means to much current ? so how do i fix it, was it a bad install? neyways i turn the amp off for a minute then back on then the amp and subs are on ,then it shuts off right away again so i dont know if it is the amp or wiring or setting or the cheap subs i got to test it, the brand name of the sub is by "magnum" its a bandpass <--dont know what that is either. so ya could it be my car or all of the above so any recommendations/advice/tips would be great thx

p.s my head unit i got is a kd-shx700

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 36
i would say get a new amp. especially when your gettin 2 alpine subs.

Canada

Post Number: 2
this is a new amp i got it last week

Canada

Post Number: 3
so can anyone help me??

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 317
Can you give us all of the power ratings on the amp and the sub(watts, ohms, etc.)? That would be extremely helpful.

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 41
It sounds like you may have a grounding issue. Do you know what gauge wire you are using for your Power/Ground?
Straight from Alpine:" requires 4-gauge power and ground leads."
http://69.20.83.126/browseproducts/Alpine-MRD-M501.HTML
If you're running 8g your' amp could be overheating and going into safe mode.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 162
Try finding a better ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us