1 or 2 12"s

Username: Shorty26

Post Number: 1
ok, if finally gotten tired of running my 2 10" legacy pos's. only problem is that i dont have a load of cash to work with for an upgrade. so ive been looking around on ebay, and here is what ive found and i need some advice.

2 12" Kenwood KFC-W3005(4ohm-700w-300rms-SVC) for $75

1 12" Pioneer TS-W306DVC(2or8ohm-1000w-400rms-DVC) for $70
or
1 12" Alpine SWS-1242D(4ohm-900w-300rms-DVC) for $100

i know that the alpine is probably the best on the list, but i was hoping not to pay that much. if it is going to be by far better than the other two though i will fork out the extra $30

as of now i am leaning towards the kenwoods, mostly because im looking for something low and loud. SQ doesnt matter a great deal to me, and anything that doesnt distort at half power like my legacies will be fine.

so running these off of a Kenwood KAC-7201 amp, do any of you have suggestions, or know of other good subs that i can get at about the same price

thanks

JAKE REED
Unregistered guest
Volfenhagens deffinately

IF SOUND QUALITY ISN'T AN OPTION- go audiobahn all the way they get REAL loud... really loud for the price and theyd be so much better then those kenwoods

Post Number: 2
Right now im seeing a pair of Audiobahn AW1251SE's for $80, would that be my best option? or would a single volfenhag be compairable. two volfenhags seem to be out of my price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 28
i've never heard volfenhags. but i know that audiobahn's are cheap and get very loud. i had a friend with 2 12 audiobahn's and you could hear him a couple streets down on the way to my house. so i'd definately look into the audiobahn's.

Post Number: 3
ok thanks guys for the advice

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 26
get like the audiobahn aw120t's they sound alot better then the 1251 t and they will last ya longer i think u can get those for around 100 on ebay, the 1251 will probably blow or break within a year bc they are really poorly made and the 120t's are half way decent

Username: Traymannspl

Trenton, Mo USA

Post Number: 5
if your that low on money they have some cheap loaded boxes on ebay meanig box and 2 subs

Anonymous

for about $120-$140 you can get 2 12 in a box with neon at best buy or jsut aabout anywhere....its made by Dual i have them u'd think theyd be crap but theyre great for the price...look into them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us