Kicker L5 Help

Username: Skinner82

Post Number: 1
Alright, I landed a 12" L5 and a vented enclosure. The box is built exactly to Kickers recommended 2.5cf specs. However, I get bad distortion at higher volume levels. I don't know if it is clipping because I don't know what clipping sounds like. If I seal the vent the sub sounds awesome. I am running a solid 200 watts RMS to it.

What gives?

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 140
thats probly it.... 200 watts isnt the best for a sub that good.....

Anonymous

also what kind of amp are you running because not only is underpowering your sub bad... but if its from a bad amp thats deffinately your problem and if it sounds good sealed then seal it up maybe your frequencies are off

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 142
exactly...and set your gain and bass boost and that sort of stuff.....

Post Number: 2
The gain and Bass Boost has been set. I tried running it with an MTX Thunder 4244 and my Kicker zr360. You can't seriously tell me that I have to run 600 watts RMS to this thing. I ran nearly half the recommended wattage to a 10W6 and it always pounded?????

Post Number: 3
Damn, I think I just figured it out....the MTX that I hooked it up to is what it sounded like crap on. I had the L5 wired for a 2 ohm load--the MTX can only handle 4 ohm minumum bridged. Would this cause the distortion I was hearing?

What are the chances I caused any damage? I only ran in maybe 2 minutes at any kind of volume??

Post Number: 4
anyone?

Post Number: 5
ttt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us