Problem with amp power

Bronze Member
Username: Theceo

Post Number: 26
i have power going to the amp, well atleast the power light is on but there is no power going to the speaker terminals on the amp so the subs arnt getting power or hitting, does anyone know why? thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3185
are your RCA's hooked up properly, does your headunit have a function to turn your subs off? mine does and if it is off your subs wont go on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i think my rcas are hooked up right, i hooked them up to the "L" and "R" speaker ports on the hu, and im pretty sure the hu doesnt have that option to turn subs off because one its a sony deck, and two ive never run across that option, but ill check the instruction book jus to make sure.

Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 2
sometimes you have to have the head unit powered off and hold down like a menu or audio button to get to the sub output turn on

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 3
also you might want to check your voltage on your remote wire. if its not 12v or higher, the amp will trun on but not all the way...hope it helps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
if its not 12v or higher how do i fix that? or does it mean that my battery is low?

Bronze Member

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 14
if the remote wire itself is reading lower than 12 volts then you just need to hook it into a 12volt switch wire. if you connected it behind the radio, then just use the ignition wire. if you have an aftermarket head unit, hook the remote wire to the red wire on the bcak of the radio harness, which is your ignition switch wire, and that should take car of the whole issue, but no that doesnt mean that the batt is low, it just means the remote wire isnt putting out enough, and thats really not a big problem, just means that you cant use it

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 113
but that will make his amp stay on all the time... just run it to your switch, oh and if that amp is used its broken.. the channels are burnt up from the wrong impedence being put on them.. but before you go getting rid of it see if a friend with a system will put it in his car and if it works then you know its your setup and if it doesnt work.. then its fried. hope that helps.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 114
whoops sorry you were right(i think you got your colors mixed) i think the red is your hott on your cd player and the yellow is what you would want to hook remote up to if you wanted it to turn on and off with the car... oh and if its a sony i know some of their wires are different color coded.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
well the amp is brandnew (hifonics). ahh see i think i know where i messed up,this is me n my friends first time doing this because he also has a system but he had it installed, so me and him were trying to do my system, but he hooked up the remote wire directly to the battery. so i need to hook the remote wire to the ignition wire on the back of my hu of do i hook it up to the switch (what is that?)

Bronze Member

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 22
the red wire on the back of a radio is switch and the yellow is constant. i work at best buy and sell and install radios for a living, i stare at harnesses everyday. the red may be called ignition, switch or ignition switch. thats the one you use. the yellow is sometimes called constant, 12v, 12v constant, or battery, but dont use that or it will stay in all the time just hook it up to the red. trust me, it will work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us