Sound System Desigm Idea's needed

Bronze Member
Username: Alastaka

Post Number: 22
ok basicly i want the best all around bass system i can get for a grand or less. i have a chevy silverado ext cab so the biggest i can have is 2 12's in a 3' sealed or ported box. i want it loud as he11 but still crisp and clear. and i dont want to buy any second rate stuff cause doing things over again happens to be a pet pieve(spell check). im open to all brand ideas but please dont say something like sony i may have to kill. and it has to hit the lows 30 atleast hard to do with alot of 12's but i know some can. i dont care too much about being heard a mile away but its kinda fun to do that in the school parking lot just to have everyone going man what do you have in there. but thats where im at so please help me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3157
once again avalanche 12's in 1.5 cu/ft ported tuned to 22htz each!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
haha price though and where can i get them and what amp and are they any good

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3161
www.ascendantaudio.com is where you get them, yes they are very good, and any amp that will give you 1500-2000 watts at 2ohms will work very well.:-) I know you prob have never heard of them but trust me they are good subs:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3162
$200 each also by the way:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok once again then what is an awsome brand of amp that can push 2000 at 2 ohms thats hard enough at 1 or atleast hard enough to find one around 400 or less

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3165
http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=37&products_id=872

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3166
you could also go hifonics but I dont really like their amps but you can get the power you want for the price limits you have. I would go with the PG over the hifonics though.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3167
also look into orion 2500d on ebay you might find one at your price range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
thanx man you are such a help but 400 was just ball park i just dont want to spend over 600 on an amp cause that puts me back to spending all my summer earnings haha
i hate football practice too much time

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3169
I would look into the us amps usa 2000 or the orion 2500d you should be able to find the orion for $550 or so and that amp will work perfectly for you. also that Phoenix gold is a good amp also for $379.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
dude that orion is 770 i guess its ebay time again

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3170
yeah you can get it for $500 on ebay even cheaper if you keep your eyes open.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
haha yeah i reckon thanks man it says it will run at .5 ohms as a daily driver can you wire the avalanches up like that or can you not power the gold terminals like the atlas

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3171
its .5ohms stereo not mono it is only 1ohm mono stable. Yes its dual vc not like the atlas you power both coils it is a dual 2ohm sub. I am running an orion to my avalanche 15:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
yeah but you only have 1 making it easy to get one ohm its pretty much impossible with 2 of them i guess i could get it down to .5 then add a few resistors to bring it back up to 1ohm but last time i checked radio shack only has 5 ohm resistors

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3174
I wouldnt do that man there are plenty of amps that willl match wat you need you just have to wait for a few more people to shed theri opinions:-) I have been drinking since dinner:-) so I cant really think of an amp right now besides the ones I have mentioned to you already. I will think about it man and get back to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
haha thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us