Power protection comes on and dosent go off

Username: Vance1977

Post Number: 1
guys i need help i have a new bg 800 watt amp that is bridged to a kenwood 500 wat sub
i have wired it up correctly as i have installed meny amps in my time but for some reason unknown to me the power protection circit keeps coming on and not going off i have checked the power cables and the voltege and it is as it should be its all new gear so i dont know what could be wrong any ideas before i send it back to the shop.
cheers
vance

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3141
you might have a pinch in the power wire somewhere in the car. when you took off the rocker panel were you carefull to not drill a screw back through the power wire when you put it back on. Also check and make sure the speaker wires are not touching eachother but from what you are saying it sounds more like the power wire is being grounded somewqhere.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 18
if you have checked all of your wiring, disconnect all of the wires to the amp, then re connnect them and turn everything all the way down, gain, bass boost all of it. turn the car on, and see what it does, sometimes the amp just needs to be reset like that if you have checked all the wires first, cause i agree it sounds like you're grounded somewhere

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 110
Check your sub, if you have it wired to the wrong ohms it will kick off and go into protect.. if its a svc sub dont bridge it, if its a dvc and you have it wired at 2ohms (assuming its a 4 ohm and you rand it in parrellel) and your bridging it then your running too low, you should run it at 8 ohm and bridge it down to 4 ohm that will work or get another sub and wire them togethor for a 2ohm load. hope that helps

Username: Vance1977

Post Number: 2
cheers for the respone guys the sub is a kenwood 500 watt run at 4 ohm as the amp is when brigded.
i will have another look at the wiring today to make sure i didnt drill a screw through the power wire.
thanks guys for your help i will let you know how it goes.
vance

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 116
okay hey vance is that a svc kenwood? or is it a dvc? and if you do have it bridged will you unbridge it and try that it might work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us