What did I do wrong?!?!?!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Karma_kills

Post Number: 21
I went to circuit city to check out the Infinity 1230 refs. they didnt have any on display, so i bought a pair with the intention of returning them. i pulled out the one blown sony that i already own first, and installed one ref. i turn up the system like that just a wee bit, and it sounded good. i then took out the working sony and popped in the second ref. i cranked it up this time and there was nothing. i could hear the subs, and could feel a little buzzing, and i could see them moving nearly an inch when they hit, but i couldnt feel sh!t. the one sony i was running b4 hit ten times harder (just to give you an idea how wimpy it was). they seemed to be doing that cancelling thing. how can i stop this from happening in the future. and should i go back and get the 1230s or wait for more money and get kappa perfects?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 162
Get the Perfects, those sound goood.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2047
you sure you didnt have the polarity backwards? It really does sound like cancellation from that.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 598
swith the positive and negative on one of the subs. that should fix your problem

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 599
switch the positive and negative on one of the subs. that should fix your problem

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3011
Before you switch the polarity on the sub, be 100% certain that you got it correct. Last thing you need is another blown sub.
It's not that hard, open up the sub, pull out the sub and check. Better safe than sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us