How should I wire my amp?

Username: Thump4863

Post Number: 1
just got a rockford fosgate punch stage 2 8" sub to replace the crappy sub that came from the factory. I already have an Infinity Kappa 102a sub that used to power 2 10" Orion DVCs pretty good. My question is how should I wire my amp up to push the single 8" sub. Here are the specs.
Sub
4 ohm 200RMS 300 Peak
Amp
2 X 100Watts 4 ohm
2 X 150 2 ohms
Bridged 300W 4 ohm

Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 68
apparently your amp is not stable enough to bridge 2ohm mono. 2ohms is your only option. might need to switch amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Zootreeves

York, Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 21
just connect the wires over both the channels , that is what is meant by bridging.

illusionstudios
Unregistered guest
seth - if your new sub is a 4 ohm sub then bridge it - if its 8 ohms then just connect it to one terminal - non bridged

Post Number: 2
The new sub is a 4 ohm but didnt know if pushing the 300 watts would be good or bad since its a 300w peak sub.

illusionstudios
Unregistered guest
seth - u can actually run morepower thru sub then its rated at distortion blows voice coils - in your setup you will be ok your ears will tell you when sub is reaching its limits unless its in trunk then u cant hear the distortion as well in this case open trunk and listen then look to ee how high your volume is on deck

Post Number: 3
its actually in an suv and I havent heard anything I went out and bridged it at lunch....got a little raspy sound but I think its from a small air leak coming from the factory box. I'm going to get some silicone and seal it up better. Thanks a lot.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 72
it is a single 4ohm sub. his options are either 2ohm or 8ohms. bridging it 4ohms isnt an option.

Post Number: 4
Mike, why do you say it has to be either 2 ohm or 8ohm. Just curious. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 74
if your sub were a 2ohm dvc you would be all good with just one sub and that amp. you might still be good if it is stable bridging at 2ohms. http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#2dvcsp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us