Does Kicker suck that bad?(please Help me!!!)

Username: Lowrollins10

Post Number: 3
I have a Kicker L7 15". I think it pretty loud. But I want my new system in my truck to be really loud and still sound pretty good. I listen to alot of hip hop and rap. Should I sell it and buy something else or should i keep it and buy another L7? Everyone has a JL W7 so I want to do something diffrent!! I have a 1995 extended cab S-10, 20's, air bags ,and custom chameleon paint. Thanks for the HELP

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 236
How much you have to spend? And Kickers are loud i will give them that but the sound quality is..well..Non exsisten :-) Also with the square shapoe it gve the sub stress points and a higher failure rate.

Post Number: 4
I dont want to go over 400 a sub. So about 800 for subs or less. I was thinking IDMAX 12 but I want something that not many people are going to have!

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 265
so are you really into car audio or just wanting people to think you are? Does having a sub that your neighbor has make you less of an audio enthueist if its well known for being a well made, well sounding sub? Or do you feel like your in on the "know" by having a sub no one has heard of..?

Post Number: 5
I love car Audio always have. But there is just so much stuff out there that I am up for trying new things. I just wanted some opinions on stuff thats all. I dont make that much money in the ARMY and just want to buy something that is nice the first time around. I like the L7 but its the 2003 model and i was just wanting to upgrade. I just hear on this forum that people dont think to highly of some kicker speakers and I was just wanting to know whats up thats all.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 69
i really respect your desire to be different (i have a brahma hybrid i'm sure no one has). i would consider the avalanche. iv'e professed it before. xbl2 motors is where its at.
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/
check this thread out on the elemental design vs. atlas and avalanche. particularly the final post
http://forum.soundillusions.net/archive/index.php/t-48321.html

here is the skinny on xbl2 technology
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/XBL2TechPaper.pdf

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 100
remember SQ is measured on OPINION ONLY, I have two kicker s12L7's and I think they sounds great and bump real loud I love them. there amps are really good also, for components I dont know about kicker I use infinity kappas, everyone hates on it but the fact is there subs are LOUD

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the input. Im thinking about 2 RE XXX 12's in a ported box. Or the SX 12's powered by a Hifonics Brutus BX2005D. MB quart 5.25 component sets.

Do you know where I can get X.X.X.'s at a good price?

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 235
Look up their webv site and give them a call, by the way,(Matt) I see from your profile that your in the ARMY, is this true ? I'm A MARINE Vet bro.no joke . I was IN Pakistan- Afghanistan border right after Sept 11. bro. Are you in the reserve or active duty ?

Post Number: 9
Im active duty currently in South Korea. I am getting ready to PCS to Fort Hood Texas. I will be going to the sand box with 4TH infantry division. Did you get out after Pakistan?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 556
what is this army slang ive never heard before.
PCS? Sand Box?

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 10
"PCS"= permanent change of station

"sand box"= AKA IRAQ

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 238
Im curently signed up for the Delayed Entry Program for the United States Marine Corps. Its time for me to serve my country.

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 13
Cool Stuff man wish you the best of luck!

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 239
appreciate it

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 15
basic training sucks man. wake up at 4 am to DS's yelling at you. they lock step you through the shower's and throw your cups on the floor in the dining facility. They are in your face 24/7 and will smoke the piss out of you!!!

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 16
So is the Avalanch a pretty good bang for the buck? I like the way the motor assembly is desgned on it.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 642
South Korea huh, Wow, Ijust pcs from kunsan to germany.

Mr Kebo, if you can, go USAF, not marines. Don't get me wrong, it takes all 4 branches to win a war. But I would rather be spoiled, and staying in nice dorms and motels, than sleeping in a hole I just finished digging.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 241
Nah ma, Nothing will ever compare to being a Marine. And Matt it would be the worst thing i could ever do to call them a Drill Sargent. They Are Drill Instructors, My Buddy Got quarter decked for calling a DI a DS

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 17
I was talking about my experience with a DS. I know in the Marines they are called DI's.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3954
My cousin was a SEAL, totally different person after he got out. That's some tough sh*t to go through.

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 18
Yea there is so much BS to put up with. I have worked for the last 3 weeks straight no days off. Saturday i worked from 0400-1730 thats a long @ss day when its all physical labor.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 242
Props to your cousin for goin thru what it takes to become a SEAL

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 107
I went through most of airforce basic, but got discharged for medical, which sucked cuz i made it to week 4, then had to wait a month to get to go home, the ti's were major pr icks to us flunkies they called us.. it was the worst experience of my life, been out a year, but i do think they were right my knee has gotten a lot worse, i was hit by car as a kid and in a wheel chair for a year, but the recruiter made sure that i got in you know how they are... that s10 will sound nice with almost anything you put in it by the way. i heard one with some dubs and it sounded good so just take your time and pick out some really good subwoofers. but if its the 4 cyl truck you might need a new alternator if you go too big.. they have like i think 75 or 90 amp alternators or so my friend said all his lights dimmed. good luck in the service to all those who join and to all those already in be careful and dont get hurt over there in the "sandbox" i know i pray for my brother in law everynight he is a captain over there. ~jonathon.

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 21
Preciate all the support. Yea I plan on a imediate upgraded ALT to a powermaster 150 Amp ALT with 2 yellow optima batts and 2 2 fard Caps. I just can decide on a subwoofer!! So many to choose. I want to do 2 15's ported box with seprate amps.
:-)

thanks all
-Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Traymannspl

Trenton, Mo USA

Post Number: 12
go with 2 rockfard fosgate power hx2 10" subs smaller sub for competion bass or one rockfard fosgate T1 or T2 Upload bad mamajama strongest sub out there i promise you that one. good luck but there about 600 brand new
but power hx2 hit real hard and aer about 170 a piece.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2648
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,I'm glad you think the Rockford T2 is the strongest sub out there, I just wish you'd wake up and face reality though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us