Is this a good capacitor?

WC
Unregistered guest
The power acoustik PC1.0 Blue, this is 1 farad right.

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 16
PC1.0 the 1.0 means one probably so i would say yes, and as for capacitors there all the same, there aint really much difference in them at all.

WC
Unregistered guest
What about the Stinger Pro Series SC201MSC, its 1 farad and has digital display. That is what I am looking for, a good under $100 1 farad digital capacitor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
dude go on ebay u can get them alot cheaper

WC
Unregistered guest
ebay, naw its cool (rather buy my sh!t on the street) yea I said under $100 I found one for alittle over that, but I want it NEW and from a place I can RELY on. So if something goes wrong, I can go off on the person. But I stopped buying stuff that is more than $100 off the sreets.

duffdog
Unregistered guest
then try parts express--thats a real store, they got good deals on caps. www.partsexpress.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
ebay is reliable as long as u get the product from a powerseller...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 445
There is a difference in cheap capacitors as opposed to quality ones. Build quality is a factor in just about any product you buy.

WC
Unregistered guest
I am either gettin the Stinger HPM Series SC201MNC or Stinger Pro Series SC201MSC from sounddomain.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 19
caps are the same is you get them from a good manufacture. it doesnt matter if its digital or not though. the digital read out just tells you the voltage, which doesnt mean a damn thing, cause if you need to know, just hook up a voltage meter and it will tell you, you can get a good rockford fosgate 1 farad cap for right at $100 or so from best buy, not ebay or anytihng and its one of the best ive ever used

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 154
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3154.html
$70 for 3 farads.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Post Number: 585
power acoustik caps are terrible... i had a 2.4 farad one and it didnt do a thing besides light up blue lol....now i have a 15 farad alumapro and my lights dont dim with over 1400 watts

(my alternator is a baby...70 amps) alumapro's "the cap" are really good and I would recommend them. The 5 farad can be had for 230ish if you look around

I got a deal on the 15 and they let me trade in my other cap so thats why I went higher (also highout put alternators havent come out yet for my 05 car)

Save up the extra 100 bucks and get something that will really help your system

WC
Unregistered guest
Yeah I think I will get the Stinger cap, so these caps really help out with lights dimming and bass?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us