James (or anybody else) Digital Designs as a daily driver

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2549
James, I already know a DD 9515 would rock for spl, but if I got one, how well would it work as a daily driver? I've only heard from oner person before that actually runs a DD sub, and he said he loved his, and it did sound really good, but it was a 3500 model. I'm just wondering if I got the 9515, would I be giving up too much sq that I would get from an Avalanche/Rl-p/Id Max?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3036
that sub look very nice, and I believe they made the new e series more for a SQL application with the ability the get very loud for comp use. It is supposed to have very good transient response with very minimal distortiion. The only thing bad about it is the price man $650 is mighty expensive!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2552
Well, Hunter found a couple ones with a good price tag on them, and once my guitar sells I think I'm gonna get one. The guy had like 10, and he's down to two that are damaged. A shelf fell on them and messed some stuff up, but one of them only has a busted dust cap. I emailed the guy, and he said it's like brand new, just the broken dust cap.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3037
how much?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2557
200 plus shipping, lol. Once I get the money I'm gonna talk to the guy again and have him reasure me that it is perfectly fine, just a busted dustcap.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3038
yeah! I wonder how much DD would charge to glue on a new dust cap? thats a killer deal. is it the 9515E or just the 9515?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1291
So DD recommends 45hz tuning for these subs ported? Does it have any SQ at all or is it just nasty bass and spl..

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2560
James - It's the 9515D. MO, they recommend 40 hz, not 45.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3040
yeah I was just gonna say that its a 40htz tune not 45. I am assuming that the D is just last years version of the same driver. I dont know man for that price you almost have to try it I know you have been trying to sell your guitar to make the purchase so I would hate to see you get burned on this one ya know.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2561
Yeah. The guy says it's brand spankin new, just had something fall on the dustcap. There's still another one too, it has a small hole in the cone, but don't go spreading it around, lol, I really want that sub. For 200 bucks, I have to try it out, no way I'd ever find one of those again at that price, and I've always wanted to try a higher midel DD, but they were outta my price range.

BTW, that guy has like 13 MTX 8100D's, older models, 1000 watts at 1 ohm, 500 at 2, I think...
Not sure how many he's sold, but he has some left.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3041
are you sure that amp is 1 ohm stable? how much does he want for that I will grab one of those!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2562
Yeah, he's got some d@mn good deals. Like I said, he had a crapload of stuff, 13 mtx 8100d's and 10 DD 9515's, with pictures and everything, and from what I've read he's legit.

The amps are MTX 81000Ds, and he wants 200 plus shipping for the ones he has left. It's 2 ohms, not 1 though, but it's still a good amp for a good price. Here's the stats:

Power 12.5 VDC Input
2 Ohm Load 1000 w x 1 Low Level
4 Ohm Load 500 w x 1
Crossover(s)
Power 14.4 VDC Low Pass 40Hz-200Hz -
2 Ohm Load 1500 w x 1 Variable
4 Ohm Load 850 w x1 RCA Output
Low Pass Only
Dimensions
(with ISO Feet) Other Features
Compression Circuitry
17.8" x 9.75" x 2.1" Thunder EQ
45.2cm x 24.8cm x 5.3cm EBC2 Port

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3046
that would run a dual 4 IDMAX very nicely :-) I want to get one so bad! Hey Joe off topic have you ever used a DVD recorder? I am looking to buy one but I want some feedback as to what model's are good and sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3626
joe, how much for that amp that is 1000 watts rms at a 2 ohm load, how much for one of those

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3050
he said $200 + shipping!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3628
damn it, i dont have 400 bucks

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2564
No, a friend has one but I have no idea what is. That'd be nice for you to get an ID MAX, then we'd have somebody to campare them to Brahma's and Avalanche's.

Hey, personally, would you rather buy the 9515 with the small pencil sized hole in the cone, or would you buy the one with the smashed dustcap? I know people that run subs with much bigger holes than pencils, and it sounds absolutely fine. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to just patch the hole somehow rather than getting a new dustcap. I was just wondering if there was anyway that little hole would effect the sub's performance.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 87
na... it shouldnt id get it.... if u mess up on the dust cap it can be really messy.... not messin ne thing up... but it can get reall messy...lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2565
Well, I didn't figure the cap would be too hard to fix, but it looks ugly all cracked, and I figured the little hole would be easier to fix. I've never had any experience with subs that have holes in the cones, because I treat my stuff like pets.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1429
go with the smashed and see if you can vacuum it to normal

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3052
I used black silicone on a sub that had a hole on it one time about 10 years ago and it worked perfect. I am sure people wont recomend it but it worked like a charm.:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2567
Hunter, the cap on the one is all cracked and busted, beyond fixing. I really wonder if that little hole would matter at all...

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1436
probably not, im sure you could get one easy, ytou could even ask dd for one and the glue and a how to.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2569
Yeah, I know. I guess it would be better to just fix the cap, then I don't even have to worry about the stupid hole.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1438
yeah and it will look nicer

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 67
Hey Joe, I'm a DD dealer and have plenty in stock. I am also a musician. I would be interested in trading music equipment towards woofers.
What brand and model of guitar do you have?

IN STOCK
4-1010's
8-1012's
5-3512 D2's
4-9012 D2's
4-9512e D1's
4-9512e D.5's
4-9515 D1's
2-9915 Q2's
Components coming soon.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3094
damn Nick this is exactly what you have been looking for:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3661
what are prices zac?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3095
yeah Zac I might be interested in checking one out also.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1490
but joe MUST get his pick first.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3099
yeah deffinetly! I am not picky I just want to check one out.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3663
yea, ill let joe pick first, hes been looking, but im looking for somen to replace the Tis

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2600
Zac, it's a Fernandes Retrorocket X and a Hiwatt Bulldog 10. Nothing super special, but they sound nice together. Amp get's pretty loud and sounds nice for the size. The guitar is in perfect condition. I'm not trying to get a ton out of it, I just want to get enough money to get my sub, then I'll be happy.

BTW, you got prices on the 9512's and 15's.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1497
no joe you want the 9915, DONT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2603
Depends on the price difference cun.t cookie.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1296
zac davis can you give us prices for each. thanks

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2611
bump

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1513
you know ive decided to keep my brahma, get it fixed, buy an idmax v3 or v4, get my avalanche, and maybe pick up a atlas, and i really want a ti maybe i can find one of those cheap, and then compare them all, and keep em.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2613
Good luck buying that stuff with your 400 bucks. You sound like james now. Just buy 1 of every sub you can think of.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1514
oh its goin to be a lil bit before i can, and i dont have 400 in my bank just giving that dude a hard time, its more like 1.87 in my account, and im not kidding. its when i get a better job, im moving to phoenix so i need to save some money right now, basically the only reason im still in farmington is to get my ava 15 then im out.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2620
bump for zac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us