Is MTX 801d amp good enough?

ATLiens
Unregistered guest
Do you think the MTX 801d amp, which will supply 800w RMS to my two 12" alpine type r's (05 model rated at 500w RMS each) will be sufficient enough in getting the most out of these subs or should I go ahead and run a 1000 watt amp. The only problem is I dont want to strain this amp and cause clipping to produce the powerful low notes I love to hear in music such as lil jon and 3-6 mafia (mainly what I listen to). Especially since the subs together can take 1000w rms. Needed to konw because I came across a nice deal on one. The price of the MTX beats the $200 plus dollars for a decent 1000 watt amp. The subs will be going in a sealed enclosure by the way

ATLiens
Unregistered guest
can anybody help?

allende5
Unregistered guest
I'm running an Audiobahn 8000T (800w RMS @ 2ohm) to at Type-X (1000w RMS) and haven't ran into any issues.

If you're getting good SQ, no distortion and your amp is still going strong, you're doing alright.

Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 10
I have an 801d with a MTX 9515d 1000rms

I havent had a problem with it. As long as you dont turn off the compression circuit your amp will be safe. If you start to reach clipping it will dim the bass a little. At least that has been my experience. It shouldnt overheat either. I run my hard sometimes and it rarely gets more than just warm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us