Infinity Wiring, please help

help a guy out!
Unregistered guest
OK, so i have an Infinity REF1211a 14.4V 2 channel amp that is 2ohm stable and runs 854W RMS x1 channel @ 2ohms and/or 1300W RMS x1 channel @ 2ohms. I would like to power two 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect DVQs which are each 4ohm Dual Voice Coil and run @ 400W RMS. How do I wire these? I believe bridging is NOT an option for this amp. thanks!

help a guy out!
Unregistered guest
excuse me, it runs 854W RMS x1 channel at 4ohms. please help. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2993
Your post doesn't make sense. You said it's not bridgeable yet, the spec says it's 854w x 1 @ 4ohms. That is the bridged number.
To wire the subs, connect them using parallel first (pos to pos and neg to neg) per sub, then wire them in series. Take one pos from one sub and connect it to the neg on 2nd sub.
Now take the opposite ends and connect it to the amp for 4ohm load.

help a guy out!
Unregistered guest
how does 854w x1 @ 4ohms mean that's the amp's bridged power? don't you think they'd specify that it's bridged? the owners manual says nothing about bridging the amp. doesnt the 4 ohms mean the resistance it gets from the subs themselves? and the way you told me to wire it.. that would be for SVC subs wouldnt it?

allende5
Unregistered guest
When you wrote "bridging is NOT an option" it seemed you were implying you had a multi channel amp. However your Infinity is in fact a monoblock amp, so you needn't mention bridging as it is irrelevant.

What Isaac explained to you is correct. It applies to two 4ohm DVC subs as what you have.

Imagine it this way. You wire your first 4ohm (4ohm + 4ohm) sub in parrallel. The resistance of this sub is now 2ohm. Take your second 4ohm DVC sub and wire it in parrallel as well. It's resisitance is also now only 2ohm. Take two speakers which now have an individual impedance of 2ohm each and wire them in series. You now have a combined resistance of 4ohm.

Does that help?

help a guy out!
Unregistered guest
allende5, you're awesome. yah, all this time i thought it was a two channel amp. thanks for clearing that up. so when i said it wasnt bridgable, it wasnt, but not for the reason i thought, lol. anyways, help me paint the picture here...

so i connect the pos and neg of the first "block" in parallel (meaning i split the positive from the first block so it connects to both positives of each coil on sub#1, and I also split the neg of the first block so it connects with the neg terminals of each coil on sub#1). Then i repeat the process with sub#2, but i use the pos and neg of the second "block". This all correct so far? So to series sub#1 and sub#2 together, which wires do i cross? please explain in terrible detail! thanks for all the help so far guys!

help a guy out!
Unregistered guest
i figured it out, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us