Very Tough question for the Smart guys out there

Username: Thatonedude84

Post Number: 1
I had a question for ya if you could possibly help me out. I recently bought a 1998 Chevy Blazer LS and wanted to hook up my two 10' MTX subs but still at the same time keep the stock CD player and radio. I have a 300 watt amp that only has the regular RCA input and I believe that the stock radio for the Blazer does not have an RCA out or a remote line for that matter. What can I do? I appreciate it

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 31
you can buy a converter that takes high level inputs and converts them to rca jacks. you can buy them at best buy or at about any audio store

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 63
http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=LN60

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help. What exactly would I do about the "remote" cabel from the cd player to the amp to turn it on? Thanks again guys

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3007
run it to your fuse box, go directly to your radio fuse.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 32
if you plan on upgrading your system further in the future w/just your stock hu, you might try reviewing the cleansweep by jl audio.

CLEANSWEEP STEREO ENHANCER
Most new cars use aftermarket-unfriendly stereos permanently grafted into the dashboard, making upgrades nearly impossible. And there's no point in throwing an amp and high-end speakers into a car if the sound source is mediocre.

JL Audio has come up with a little black box it calls CleanSweep to solve this dilemma. About the size of a paperback book, CleanSweep converts the factory stereo's analog signal into 24-bit digital audio. Then the signal is cleaned up in a processor and calibrated to match the car's sound system. The result is a dramatically improved sound that can be routed to aftermarket amplifiers and speakers. CleanSweep will be available in May and should retail for about $400.
www.jlaudio.com

Username: Telef

Post Number: 8
Some amps (JL Audio) have signal-sensing turn-on. This simply turns on the amp when they detect a signal coming from the RCA cables. This way you wouldn't even need a remote turn-on wire.

http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/pdfs/SYS_5.pdf

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
line out converters usually suck unless you get a good one, (like the cleansweep) ...converting your speaker level to RCA is dirty at best, you will probably want a new head unit considering almost all stock ones suck. You can get a half decent deck for around 100 bucks.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the help guys. If I do go the converter route, where exactly do I hook up the two high level wires at?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 11
i work at best buy, we have some made by edge that are pretty good. you can hook it up to the rear left and right speakers behind the radio and pull the rca's from there, and while you are there, you can tap your remote wire off of your switch wire on the radio. if you have a voltage meter, just look for a wire with 12v with the car on, and ov with the car off.

Post Number: 4
Thanks I appreciate the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us