Any1 Recommend Amp For Jl 12w3v2???

Username: Gunit23

Post Number: 1
Hey i just got 2 jl audio 12w3v2's and they are in a ported encloser so i was wondering what amp would be best for them? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 245
I'm not sure but I believe those handle 300 watts apiece. I'm also guessin that they are dual 4 ohms. U need to post the specs to help us help u. A JL 500/1 would power them very well. If they are dual 4 ohm then you could wire them to one ohm and use a Orion 600D, its cheaper than the JL, and pretty good, the JL would be better probably though.

Anonymous

I just got 2 jl 12w3v2 also... yes they are 300 watts a piece. I need to know what amp i can use to run both of them so they bump hard, but i dont want them to blow... i also am wondering what box i should use in for them. Is their a special box that would work best?

Username: Triangle

Bundaberg, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 8
I'm fairly new to the world of subs but aparently, you will be better off buying the best amp you can afford then looking for speakers that will be powered well by the amp... I'm working from the sub side, and it turns out it is an unknown brand... DOH! http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?action=view&product_id=34

It also seems you will never hurt a speaker by having too big an amp, but you can hurt a tip top sub by trying to run it with an underpowered amp... food for thought I reckon.

I guess the bottom line is amps are the bomb, buy the best you can afford.

I bet that doesn't help much but I wanted to reply to someones post for a change rather than waiting for people to reply to my new threads :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us