What type of amps?


I just recently bought 3 brand new Alpine type R subs and i want to get 3 amps. i was wondering what type of amps i should get to get maximum power out of my subs withouht blowing them and what would be the retail price on them. In addition i was wondering do i need to buy a capcitor.

Robert Johnson
Unregistered guest
what size are the subs and what is there rms and peak?

New member
Username: Bigtruck95

Post Number: 3
Registered: Mar-04
The alpines i bought were 12s and they are the 1221d sereies (2ohm+20hm)This is the Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 1000W
Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 300W

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1497
Registered: Dec-03
ok 4 Ohm subs.
you'll need three of the Kicker KX600.1 amplifiers
one per sub
that'll give them 300Wrms @ 4 Ohms each
you'll also want that high output alternator to feed them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us