POLE ON AUDIOBAHN ANSWER ?

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 13
FOR ALL YOU WHO LIKE OR DONT LIKE AUDIOBAHN AND Y WHAT BAD EXP. DID YOU HAVE?

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 14
WHAT NO COMMENTS

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3509
i havbe had one of there amps, worked like a charm for me and ther peson who is using it now, i have installed amps and subs, and had peple mess around with there gins and fry everything though

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 17
no sq. at all. sub amps (d-class) are cool. i am always suspicious of anything chrome.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 64
Dodge makes the Viper.
They also manufacture the Neon.

Chevy produced the Corvette.
They also made the Chevette.

Dont get confused.

Audiobahn makes fine equipment with very good sound quality.
They also make crap, that is crap.

BTW, chrome plating is an expensive addition to a product's production cost.

Would you rather have low cost black paint?

I like Audiobahn, I dont like thier business manner. As a retailer, it is almost impossible to sell any of thier product when it is being whored out around the internet for pennies over dealer cost.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 85
i think audiobahn sucks sh!t. bad sound quality and very unreliable. i had a flame q sub which blew on me. then i had a amp which after a week one channel fvcked up on me. i've just had bad experience with audiobahn in general.

allende5
Unregistered guest
I think the Audiobahn debate weighs heavily if not totally on what you are willing or able to pay. (At least for the amps).

If you have more, pay more. If you're on a tight budget, then there's no shame in purchasing an Audiobahn amp.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 21
zac, a good quality product that performs well does not need chrome to distract the buyer or collaborations with performing artists to promote their products. the product's performance speaks loudly for itself. in the case of audiobahn, if it were not for the pymps whoring it around, the company would need to rely on its ichibahn line to stay in business (i guess all pymps aren't so bad). but, yes. give me hard inexpensive black paint all day. that way i know its not the chrome i'm paying for, but rather the quality of the amp. imo

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 22
and yugo made... the yugo. and then they went out of business. no confusion. but to each his own.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 15
if you think chrome plating is expensive on the amount o chrome the get done then you know nothing about mass production they dont have to pay much to chrome there amps it there chroming thousands of amps and subs it doesent make sense to judge quality just because its chromed if thats how you think then you probaly think chrome rims are junk just because there chrome if kicker chromed there amps would you still buy them or if any other company chromed there products i like the look of the audiobahn amps its makes my install look that much better so like the saying goes dont judge a book by its cover

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 150
Joseph....you ever heard of inserting a period?

LMAO...just kidding man

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 16
im that good a ading periods i just write to put mt 2 cents in lol i just feel that every prouduct has its own probles and some products get a bad rap bucause people that install systems might not know what there doing and blow somthing up and blame the product and then they pass on there experience and say it the product. im not saying that every one is like that but it ony takes those that dont really knw what there doing to give a product a bad name

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 18
anybody can throw money at there car a put a high dollar system together. as for me i have money thats not a problem but i would rather have a system that looks and sounds good and prove people out there that audiobahn isnt crap i will spend as much as i have to. to prove i can out pound them with audiobahn. right know i have a 2300hct amp it 2400rms and 2 1508s they are 1300rms apiece and im just getting started i plan on putting a couple more amps in and a set of 12s all audiobahn

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 19
what no one wants to comment were are all you haters

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2960
The only Audiobahn series that are worth purchasing are HCT,Intake and DUB. The rest are questionable.
All 3 models have been subjected to extreme cold weather and survived (-25 with frost).

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 65
Say what you want, but who are you and what is it about your opinions that make them better than mine?

I own a store and have been an installer for 12 years now. We sell Digital Designs, U.S. Amps, MMats, MTX, Pioneer, Alphasonic, Hifonics, Kicker, Panasonic, Audiopipe, Monster, Porky's Hydraulics, AirRideTechnologies, and a few others.

We've been an authourized Audiobahn dealer for a few years now and we don't push the product, not because of its quality, but because any customer who walks through the door can buy the very same product online at or near our dealer cost. It isnt profitable to sell thier equipment.

On the other hand, when talking about the product itself. My analogy was quite true, the yugo thing someone said doesnt make sense at all. Are you saying that all audiobahn's products are yugos? The Immortal subwoofer is a great spl woofer, the alum series woofers have very good sql, and they also produce a 3 way component set that seems fairly accurate. And with that, they also make some of the worst woofers i've ever heard, in fact they have quite a few lines of cheap cheap and cheap.

Like I said, don't get confused. You wouldn't judge Chevy's ability to build a good car by looking at thier base models. Base models have 2 main objectives; cheap, and efficient. Sound familiar?

As far as black paint, thats fine, if you like black paint over chrome that is your preference. But to the person who said I have no idea how cheap it is to chrome in mass production...well you need to get a clue. Chrome plating is much more expensive than black paint, in any volume.

Take my thoughts as you will, I'm only a store owner who has worked with all brands of car stereo equipment for years on end, not to mention I do quite well at making cars loud, world record loud. Not gloating, just stating.

Audiobahn isnt bad at all, thier lower lines out weigh the top lines and this causes people to judge them on the mass of thier product, which is crap.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2475
You guys do realize that even if it is real chrome on their stuff, it is probably the crappiest thinnest chromed item you can purchase? You actually think they spent money to have a high quality chrome job done? I doubt any of it is even real.

As for you Joseph, your a perfect arguement AGAINST Audiobahn. Your gonna spend as much money as it takes to prove people wrong? That sucks then, I bet I could build a total system with 1000 - 1500 bucks, and then I'll let you spend as much as you want to out-do it, in sq and spl. Yeah, maybe yours will get louder, but how much more money did yuio have to spend than me? Honestly you are an ignorant idiot that doesn't want to believe the chromed $hit in his car isn't as good as he thinks it is.

The forum is really driving me nuts with all the stupid little kids whining about Audiobahn bashers. Hey, my first system consisted of an Audiobahn sub. I'm not a total basher of Audiobahn, their amps are resonable, I guess, thought I'd never use one. Once I woke up, and heard other quality systems though, I realized how stupid my Audiobahn sub was, and I moved on to better things.

"right know i have a 2300hct amp it 2400rms and 2 1508s they are 1300rms apiece and im just getting started "

Wow, what awsome bull-$hit inflated numbers. If you actually think those subs can take a true 1300 rms then go ahead and try it. Have you ever noticed how Audiobahn never gives people values and properties of their subs that actually matter? Try to find the bl or the xmax, xsus, or xmag of an Audiobahn sub. All they ever tell you is that it "supposedly" can handel a million giga-watts of power, and that it has a piece of crap magnet that weighs a million ounces.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2978
exactly and horrible motors that are way over dampened by their Huge magnets that cant handle the power they say they can! Nicely put Joe:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2482
You know it, lol.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

who are you to call someone ignorant idiot are you god or just the smartest nam alive for you to call someone ignorant just shows how ignorant you really are everyone has a right to a opion.

you talk like you have the best $hit around but you dont and probaly never will. if i wanted kicker or orian or any other brand i could afford to go buy it. but i choose not to i have owned them before. im just trying to do something dif but it seems every time someone uses something some of you dont like you bash them. you tell them there $hit is junk. but i dont see you having the best out there. hell you drive a sunbird lol. your system is probaly worh mor than your car. hell i gave my sister a 94 sunbird for her birthday so before you call someone a idiot look at yourself

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2981
all that money Joseph and No damn eduacation? learn how to Fu#KING use different forms of punctuation man, I cant stand reading run on garbage! As for you spending wastless amounts of money on a system to prove something for audiobahn when they wont even recognize you exist is pretty pathetic man.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

i dont need to punctuat. its my god given right..............,,,,,,,,if you cant stand reading it y are you reading it. and who cares if i get recognized for it it seems like your the one who wants to be recognized james im sorry next time il bow to you ok.and thats it i got money to waste so let me waste it. and you know what after i waste that il waste some more cause you only live once

as for you zac i agree with you on getting audiobahn of the net. so y would you even try to sell it you wuoldnt even make money and thats not good for business. and of course you wouldnt wont people to put it in there cars and you would call it junk thats so you could sell your other products

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2994
That moto is gonna get you really far in life man. Waste money then when you get more waste it again! damn I cant wait to see you in 10 years you'll be one of those guys I see everyday sitting on the side of the highway with a sign begging for change for my next Audiobahn sub please help!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2995
and dont forget to bow when you respond to me B!TCH!

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
i have had 2 sets of alum12q's melt on me before i switched to my type X's, unfortunatley they did the same thing so i was at first suspisious of my amp/charging system not being up to snuff. Turns out the type X was a bad batch, so i returned them for 2 kaption SPL 12's in ported box and sounds awesome and has for the past 6 months being driven hard every day. The audiobahns (mine and some friends) all had sililar voice coil/tinsel lead failures also the 'lug lock' terminals seem to break or strip, and it seemed like a slopy connection even when it did work. Aside from the mechanical, i was however impressed with the SQ from their lowest model sub, the aw1051t, 2 10's in a ported box driven by a 500/1. I think the companies higher end stuff is well built and sounds alright, but theyare still too pricey and need way too much power (low sensitivity)

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 23
lol. dude dont hate because your a broke b!tch and trust me i wont be on the side of the road.
because thats were i found you mom last week. she told me her son needed to buy his boy friend a new dress and thats y shes working the streets.

and thats not my moto thats wat i can do because
i got it that way.thats the benafit of owning your own busines.and it makes me and my family a nice chunk of change.i put half of every thing i make in savings.the rest i do what ever i want.so dont be so worried about me. trust me il have a really good life. and so will my kids when they get older.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 24
now can we get back to my ? about audiobahn

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2997
Ok your right I forgot man you made all the money in the world so that there is none for any one else. I personally run my own business my self and I seem to do OK as far as getting what I want and providing for my family. And RU doesn not need a new dress I got it one two weeks ago and the cleavage looks great! but thanks for asking I am glad my mom kept you informed of my situation that was so nice of her.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3931
Anyone who is confident in their equipment and their decision to purchase that equipment won't be starting threads demanding that the "haters" step up. If you weighed out your options and purchased based on what you felt was good, then be happy with that, screw what everybody else thinks. Simple as that. I could give a crap less if somebody told me that my Dynaudios suck, I'm happy with them and I know that they are high-quality speakers with excellent sound quality, and that my purchase of them was worthwhile and a well made decision. If you see Audiobahn "haters" out there and you're happy with your equipment, blow them off and go about your business instead of trying to find everyone elses input on the topic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2962
People, life is really short, so hate less and enjoy everything.
Most people start losing hearing details around 45-50. So before you get that old, try and invest on good equipments now and enjoy. Later, just about everything will sound like $hit or vise versa.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 25
i dont make all the money in the world. i do make enough to live good. but people like you who talk bad about others because they dont agree with what you have to say is ignorant. because their amps or subs or whatever ist what you like. just because someone likes diffrent products dont mean there stupid. they just dont agree with you and theres nothind wrong with that. and i seen pics of you jeep it aint all that. and im not saying my rides all that. but i dont try to say my $hits better than everyones. so when people say the like audiobahn ok anything else you shouldnt bash them because of it. were al into the same $hit on this web sight caraudio.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

owwwwwkaaayy. first, i'm not sponsored by anyone so i don't get paid to "lead any of you from the dark side." if you choose audiobahns, and you are pleased w/their "sq," then thats all that matters. i am glad you are pleased. however, if you ask me for my opinion, im going to give it in earnest. my point(s) of reference differ from some of yours. have i ever witnessed audiobahn in any sq competitions or winning for that matter, no. but that is not the point of reference for the majority of users on this thread. what sounds good to me is compared to many different brands,and i have run many. my opinion, however, is no more factual than any one elses. its just that, an opinion. i have said that each of my previously used subs sounded good to me until i heard something better. it is completely relative. finally, a good install will take a sub a long way-in either direction. so it all depends on what sounds good to you. i just don't care for audiobahn subs. or chrome rims.

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 65
I totally agree with Jonathan. People can do what ever they want with thier money, and if they like it, that's all that matters. Besides, I have seen way to many forum arguments that shouldn't have even started. Forum arguments are pointless and SOLVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is a friendly forum that doesn't need heated system slamming posts. Be friendly, everyone else in here is. It will make it a lot better for you and everyone else.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 26
thinks mike someone who gives thier opinion with out telling how much audiobahn sucks .cause i like audiobahn not saying i dont like other equp. i have owned all kinds. thanks for your input

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 242
So how bout those new Brahmas?

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 27
lol

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 244
tryin to lighten the mood, joseph ur from louisville, me 2

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 28
ya i moved down here a year ago

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 247
cool

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2486
Wow, I missed a lot.

Just like Jonathan said Joseph, if you like your Audiobahn's, then great, but don't come on here and try to argue your rediculous point to everybody.

Honestly, James and I both don't down right knock Audiobahn if a person asks about it. When somebody says they just bought an AW1200Q or something, I don't say "Aww man that's a mother f'in piece of $hit, go throw it off a bridge", like a lot of people on here would say. I try to help them out with their problem, and if they are seriously asking for opinions on Audiobahn stuff, I give my personal opinion. I'm not bashing Audiobahn, I'm not bashing you, and I really get tired of people arguing about this stuff.

It just makes me wanna cry when you talk about how much money you have to blow, and you blow it on Audiobahn. My god, if I only had half the money you supposedly do....

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 66
Joe, take it from a pro, 1508 subs are very loud woofers that have good sound quality. That is not an opinion, it is a fact.
Opinion's are like azzholes.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2489
Zac drop it. I don't care if your a so-called pro. I've owned Audiobahn's, and heard many systems with them. I have my opinion, and your never gonna change my mind. Even if you think the stupid "Flame Compression" subs are so great. I meen, I'm sure it must be though, it's 2000 rms, and has a 360 oz magnet. How could it suck? Give me a break.

Bronze Member
Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 34
The chrome and flames is what's selling Audiobahn. They either own or are connected to other companies like Digital Audio. I never hear anyone talking about them. Hey I have an idea Audiobahn should add some flames and chrome to the Digital Audio line, and then we could have some daily discussion's on them as well.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 32
dave i dont know if flames are selling audiobahn i know i didnt buy them based on flames. that would be retarted. and if people would look i started this treand and asked a ? but all most everyone turned this into a clusterfuc k .if you would read the ? it says for all that likes or dont like audiobahn y and what was you you bad exp

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 28
now we are bringing the word fact into the discussion. facts must be supported by facts in order to be considered as such. so here is a suggestion to those who claim these shining darlings are sq worthy: research the t/s perameters and tell us something good. what is the linearity of these subs? show us some bl curves. you might try comparing it to competition winning, known (high quality) drivers as well. again, i couldn't care less b/c i already know what i need to know, and to argue the fact would make me seemingly as unknowledgable (or brainwashed) as those who do. but to pass some flight of fancy off as fact and have others who don't know any better buy the malarky and repeat it doesn't do this forum justice. so please, by all means, knowitalls/knowitall-since we are no longer judging audiobahn sound subjectively (i.e., if you like it then that is what matters) support these "facts" for those who respect your position. be objective or subjective. don't confuse the two.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3006
Hey JOSEPH I personally said my Jeep was all that but after hearing that from you I would really like to see your ride because I have heard from a few people that my truck is pretty nice but I could see that coming from some high roller like you it is prob petty and "not all that" as you put it. Ohh yeah by the way Joe said it right man when peole say I just bought a audiobahn amp this is the rating what subs can I run or I just got two audiobahn subs what amp should I run I help them out but if you go back and read you were the first D!CK on here to start getting hostile and using long run on sentences and all! lol! you drew first blood B!TCH so dont start crying over it when someone responds back with a diffferent opinion then yours A$$HOLE! thats pretty much all I have to say.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 33
thank you mike for not being like everyone else

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 36
i never said your jeep was not nice my point was when you talk like you $hit dont stink it makes you look like a a$$ and as far as who drew blood first you shold read i didnt ask you wat you thought about my punctuation and you decided to share your stupid comment and y you kept reading what i said when you didnt like garbage

Gold Member

Post Number: 2969
Change of topic:
I just ordered Alinco DJ-X2000! Do a google search and read up on it. It is one wicked product. I'll be able to tell what frequency is in the air and also find "bugs" hidden in a room. Whenever you visit hotels, are you always curious to see what secret hidden devices they have in the rooms? Some of them use a wireless camera to monitor. I'll be able to find exactly where it's located.
You can never be too safe cause of all the a$$ per.verts with wireless cameras.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2493
Ha. Isaac, your turning into James Bond.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2970
I never thought they had scanners like that. I can't believe how cool it is. All I have to do is go near a transmitting source and it'll lock in or tell me the frequency. It'll come in handy when a cop is trying to talk on his radio. With my new toy, it'll tell me the channel so I can listen in! Talk about leveling out the playing field. :-)

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 45
man thats cool as $hit

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

? ive had the audiobahn aw122t's for about 2 years now, powered by a 1000 watt rms amp, those subs have 6 spokes on the basket (not flames), would someone tell me these are sh*tty subs as well?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1314
Speaking of chrome, does anyone know how to remove the stuff? I want my 1001dx to match the brushed stainless of my older 4180c:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846007_10_full.j pg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846007_16_full.j pg

The inside of both covers look about identical.

Oh and as far as Audiobahn goes, I've never owned any of their stuff so can't comment. I just don't like chrome because it shows fingerprints so bad(as you can see from the pics). I don't need to constantly be cleaning and polishing my equipment. Its a truck, not a showpiece.

-Fishy

fishy's brother
Unregistered guest
James is an azzhole Cause i've seen other threads were people say the got audiobahn ,kenwood, or something else and he automatically says it's crap save money and buy zapco arc and all those other brands .WTF instead of trying to help them like joe said you say it's crap. And you say you own your own business then wTF are you doing wasting your time on this thread. shouldnt you be at work or something. if you were mature enough youll ignore it. Grongatulations issac i didnt even know they made those how much did it cost you.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3951
Muriatic acid removes chrome, of course the nickel will remain underneath. You could brush that I guess. Speaking of trucks, anybody driven one of the 2005 Tacomas? I've been looking at getting a smaller truck, weighing out my options.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1318
Those Xtants have a copper screen(see the square holes?) to keep stuff from falling into the electronics. I wonder what the acid would do to that stuff. Maybe I can pick up a broke 1001d off ebay. I think it has the brushed stainless cover. In fact I think that may be the only difference betwen the two models as the board on my 1001dx simply says "1001d".

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 574
Audiobahn subs are worthless. I formerly had 2 12's and they did'nt get loud or sound good. The 1 10 inch Diamond Audio I have now outperforms them in every way. Less space, cleaner and louder sound plus I am not giving it as much juice.

However, I have no problems with their amps. Other then the fact they are chrome. Easily seen, and they look sloppy with prints like Fishy said.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 575
As far as smaller trucks go, the new Frontier is nice. If I had to get a smaller truck it would be the Frontier, Dakota or Canyon, in that order.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3952
Main thing is I'm going for a gas mileage truck to bum around in, unfortunately (sniff, sniff) it looks like it'll be a 4 banger and a 5 speed, as far as top mileage it's between the Canyon (which I don't really like), the Tacoma, and the Ranger/B series Mazda (liked it couple of years ago, outdated now). I'd love to get a truck with a big V6 and a 6 speed, but I've already got a truck for towing duties and I don't off road all that much. 4 cyl Nissan doesn't do as well on gas, truck is a good bit heavier and bigger than others in the class. Just looking at an alternative to drive to work and on vacations mainly.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3140
Hey Jon the new Tocama's are nice I have owned two tacoma's and have never once had a problem with them. One went to 221,000 miles then I sold it and my taco now has 114000 on it and it still runs like a champ:-) they are very good on gas as well. thats my input for you I love toyo trucks.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3953
I've used them before, I like the trucks too, not crazy about Toyota's cars, but their trucks are awesome, they kick butt for off-roading if I need to do so. The new ones have just gotten bigger, that was my main concern, but I've asked a few people and the gas mileage hasn't really degraded by a lot.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3155
yeah they have gotten a little larger but I believe the weight has stayed the same so gas miles should not be affected. My first tacoma I put a 6in lift and was running 35's it was a bear off road I used to call it the animal cause it would go anywhere but my taco now is a work vehicle so I cant mess with it thats why I built up my jeep for wheelin but my taco was better off road then my jeep. I love toyota trucks but as are you man I am not a big fan of their cars either. My wife wants one of those new sienna's I dont know about that decision lol!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3955
Ugh, egg shaped minivan. I'd rather get a double cab truck with a tonneau cover on the back and throw all the crap in the back. Of course I don't tote 6 kids around either :-).

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3176
I only have 2 man if I ever have more please shoot me! lol! I said lets get a tahoe or a suburban but she wants a damn sienna, I have no idea man I am trying to get her mind off it but my neighbor just went out and bought a brand new sienna AWD so my wife is going nuts about it. they paid $35K man for that price I could find a he1l of a lot more then a Sienna!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3958
"I only have 2 man if I ever have more please shoot me! lol! I said lets get a tahoe or a suburban but she wants a damn sienna"

Doesn't make sense to me, either. I'd rather get a car or a midsize SUV and save the gas money and initial vehicle cost for more important things, you'd still have plenty of room for luggage and such.

"they paid $35K man for that price I could find a he1l of a lot more then a Sienna!"

The salesman doesn't happen to be named Ben Dover, does it? For $35k you're starting to knock on the door of quad cab diesel trucks, spend a couple thousand more and you could get a Dodge 2500 with a Cummins and watch 2 or 3 Siennas enter their death. Plus you have plenty of room for kids or even extreme overweight adults, you don't feel embarrased to drive it, you can tow huge loads, you've got 600+ lb ft of torque on tap, a huge bed to throw the kids luggage in, they're very reliable and last an EXTREMELY long time (million miles, anyone?), and they get good mileage to boot. And if you're like me, there's something hot about a woman driving a big truck like that :-).

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3187
yeah man I hear ya completely! what I really want ot do is get her a Jeep grand cherokee or something like that and me get that turbo diesel dodge 2500, I love the new rams I think they are the nicest looking pick up out right now.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3188
but you know how it goes if you want to keep getting play then you gotta keep the woman happy!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3959
I agree, Dodge has the nicest looking pickup out now, really I'd go as far as saying the best looking one I've seen in my lifetime. Chevy had the worst until the Honda Ridgeline came out, I hope Chevy does some drastic changes on their next release of the Silverado.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2629
James, if you ever get a Dodge, you'll never wanna own anything else again. We got a 04' Dodge 3/4 ton heavy duty 4 x 4, with the Cummins. Cherry red, beautiful truck, and powerful as he.ll. Trust me, that $hit load of torque comes in handy...

Anonymous

have fun at the pumps if you get that james... Dodge is one of the worst companies(trucks especially) for gas mileage my friend bought one and its allready for sale thanks to 9miles to the gallon

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2632
Your a total idiot. Our Dodge get's 19 miles to the gallon. It gets better gas mileage than our Minivan.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3963
You're also not talking about a diesel truck, anon. Their diesels can get around 18 city and 20s on the highway.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3207
exactly Joe and Jon! those new dodge trucks are beautifull:-) my friend just got a new 2500 cummins quad cab and he gets about 20 miles per gallon. you cant go wrong there especially when my Jeep gets 10mi/gal!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3208
my Wife drives an 03 Dodge Grand Caravan now and gets about 16miles per gallon when se drives and about 13 when I do so its not good on gas by any means either.

Anonymous

i guess it would of been a good idea to mention he's a 16year old and drives it so fast/hard he beats that truck up but he does get 10mi to the gallon and yes i was talking about the gas trucks not the diesel i should of clarified that

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3964
Their gas engines aren't as good on gas, I agree there. Especially the Hemis w/o MDT.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

i know this isnt even a car audio question. but i wanted to ask since their is alot of pros and before i take it to a mechanic and tries to rip me off. i have a 88 buick park avenue v6 3.8 that i just got for 800 pretty nice for that price. any way that sh!t wastes hella gas i put 20 bucks and it only lasts 3 days and i hardly drive it anywhere. And when i make a turn, the gas needle on the dashboardmoves down and then goes back up to where it was. and i think that's why is wasting gas. i think it has something to do with the gas pump, but i could be wrong. please help me so i wont get ripped off.

Bronze Member
Username: Backlash

how is the a1200dt coupled with the awp310t sub? hmm?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2638
No, the needle moving when you turn is probably just the gas in your tank sloshing around. Older cars don't have the most accurate gauges in the world. I know when I go up or down hills, the gauge on my gas tank reads more or less.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I should've of said this but the guy i bought it from told me that that was the only thing wrong with it but he said that it didnt use to move like that or it didnt use to waste as much gas as it does he uuse to put 20 bucks and it used to last close to 6 days. thanks for helping me.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2643
If you had a leak you'd notice it. You don't have any puddles under your car after it sits a while, do you? I still think it's just the sloshing around.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1550
hey james what the hell do you do for a living? it seems you make good money for being 56 with 12 kids.jk. (25 with 2) there

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3970
That's a problem with older GM cars, my truck's guage will jump down 1/4 of a tank lower if I stop. Anyway, 20 bucks isn't that much gas anymore and 3 days sounds about right for someone that drives moderately, but if you don't drive a lot it is a problem. It's 10 gallons of fuel in the cheapest places in the country, which with most vehicles will get you 200-250 miles, somewhere closer to 150-200 if you're doing some city driving.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 23
joe i dont have a leak. but why does the gauge move only when i turn and somethimes the gauge will be at close to half way and then when i turn the gauge will go down all the way down and the little light thats says low fuel will come on and then the gauge will go back up but it will be a little lower than before i made the turn.
I guess everytime i make a turn i will have to get off and push it.lol
jonathan how much is the gas out there in georgia cause overhere is 2.25 i remember like a year and a half ago it used to be close to 1.25. damn b@stards are taking all our money.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3018
That's what happens when greed takes over. And it is greed that's stopping other form of energy from replacing gas.
Just imagine if cars used hydrogen instead of gas? Governments would go crazy along with all those oil companies. Guess that would make war on Iraq obsolete?
Governments can't get rich charging money for water than gas.
Would they ever go to war over water??

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Lol isaac good point. over here in phoenix the water companies are telling people to conserve water,they even do commercials about it, and to take showers less than 5 minutes WTF? 5 minutes i leave the water running at least 3 minutes so the cool water could come out, so i guess it narrows it down to 2 minutes. i might as well have someone hose me down. or a sponge
bath.lol better yet when it rains, that's if it rains out here often ill be prepared with soap.
Why are they so worried about conserving water isnt there millions of gallonns out on the sea. cant they filter that some how.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2649
Yes, but it's expensive. You think the government want's to spend the money to do something right, and build water desalination plants? They'd rather pis$ our tax dollars away fighting over oil.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1328
Hydrogen as a fuel is great from an enviromental standpoint, but what most people don't understand is that it takes a significant amount of ENERGY to convert Hydrogen into a useable form. Until more of our powerplants are converted to nuclear, hydroelectric, or other alternatives(even coal), or until everyone has a solar/wind powered hydrogen generator on their roof we will be dependant on foreign oil. In fact as demand increases in China, India and other developing countries the price for a gallon of gas will only go higher.

We Americans are energy pigs and the rest of the world is catching up fast.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1329
...... and its all Audiobahn's fault!

:P

-Fishy

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2651
Haha. Yeah, I've heard about Arnold pushing to put hydrogen stations on major highways, and pushing for better development. What he doesn't know is what a pain it's gonna be, concerning the amount of water needed. Your absolutely right Fishy. I heard once, that as of right now, to take a prototype hydrogen-cell car, and put a tank on it that could hold enough water to equal the distance a regular gas car could travel on one tank of gas, you would need a 300 gallon tank. I had a teacher a few years ago that had a mini hydrogen generator. This thing was the size of a computer monitor, cost like 1000 bucks, and guess how much energy it created? It could light up a 60 watt lightbulb, and that's about it.

They have come a long ways though, and with more research and testing, I'm sure they can make the hydrogen cars more effecient, it just takes time

On a side note, did you guys know that it's been more than 20 years since the US has built a nuclear power plant?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3215
yeah although Hydrogyn as fuel is still a few yeas away it sucks that we have to suffer the way we have been at the pumps! I was watching a show on the discovery chanell and they were talking about within the next ten years they were gonna be converting natural food to gas which is kind of like flex fuel right now. anyway this is gonna cost next to nothing but the only thing is its not entirely natural you have to mix it with gasoline but the way they were describing it is 1 gallon of gas per 20gallon tank so you get about 500 miles to a tank so they were saying you would get about 500 miles per gallon:-) it sounded nice but the oil manufacturers need to stop buying all the rights to all these ideas and not releasing them those commy ba$tards. Anyways on another note I was figuring jonathan I already have a taco for work so I am getting rid of the jeep, I dont need another pick-up I would love it but since we are on the topic of gas I really cant afford it. I went to an Audi dealership today and I think I am gonna buy a a4. 25 miles per gallon sounds incredibly nice to me:-) from the 9 that I get in my jeep. Have you ever done systems in A4's any of you? I just want to know how they sound I would imagine pretty good. It comes with the bose factory but that is coming out immediatly:-) let me know if any of you have expierience with this perticular car.
Ohh yeah Hunter to answer your question as to what do I do I am a fireman and I run my own bussiness on the side,landscaping,carpentry,windowcleaning,electrician work, pretty much odd jobs to bring in some extra cash.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2654
You know, I would have never guessed that your a fireman.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3216
it was kind of a childhood obsesion for me lol! I can honestly say I love my job which is what makes me happy man. I have my bad days though just like everyone else man some days are much harder then others.

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 96
i cant belive how out of control this threand has become lol. talk about of thw topic. were the hell did all this come from. i started this threand about a week ago. come on youguys your talking about all kind of off the wall st1T

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3219
thats the way things go sometimes man lol! I love these types of threads that start off with a poll ? and end up in full out conversations with 10-15 people its great!

Bronze Member

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 97
YEAH ITS CRAZY AINT IT LOL

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3972
OPEC hasn't been a factor in gas prices since the 1980s. The oil companies want you to believe that this is the case, but the real problem is in lack of refineries and the fact that every decent place we have to drill in the US has been capped off and/or restricted by the EPA. Everytime a big company like Exxon/Mobil and such merge together, refineries get shut down in the process. Do you buy gas from any of these companies?:

Citgo
Sunoco
Conoco
Sinclair
BP/Phillips
Hess
ARCO

None of the above use middle eastern oil. Even so, their prices are no better than that from companies that buy oil from the middle east such as Exxon Mobil, Texaco, and so forth.

Even so, Hydrogen cars are a good idea once it becomes widespread, but it will take a while. The general public could give a rat's a$$ less about the environment, an empty back pocket gets their attention, though. If you're mad about gas prices, slap a hippie. Easy as that. I drive electric forklifts at work that will last 8 hours lifting 3,000 lb loads, and this is off a 36 volt battery. This is a 10,000+ lb forklift traveling at 15mph and making a good chunk of power. Anyone trying to convince the general public that they can't make some matchbox car with a small electric motor last more than an hour with a 300+ volt battery pack is smoking something, it's not that it can't be done, it's that it won't. It's too easy. Engineering students come up with better ideas for vehicles every year, and they're only simple class projects.

You know there was a Portuguese chemist that invented a powder that could be added to gasoline, allowing it to be diluted to water by something like a 20:1 water to gas ratio, and the gas retain it's combustibility and not harm the engine?. Once negotiation was about to take place, the Navy (we were the ones who were going to negotiate for it) found him dead and his lab ramsacked. How odd, hmm.

I think diesel engines are a great alternative. You have the possibilities of Biodiesel and also Synthetic diesel, among other technologies. Even synthetic gasoline is possible. Ford recently introduced a Focus concept with diesel power that combines diesel and urea, and passes California's ultra strict ULEV II standards, it is currently the cleanest diesel ever made. The 2007 ULEV II standards are to have 90% lower NOx and particulates emissions than today's standards, BTW. The only problem is that I'm sure that the government will jack the price of diesel up even more to make it impractical.

James, I really haven't dealt with Audis, but looking at them they don't look bad for a system, dependant on what you're getting I guess.

LilChris, it's around $2.00-2.10 around here, in South Caroline it's around $1.89 in spots.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1332
Yep diesel rocks. There's about 11% more energy in gallon of diesel than a gallon of gas. I remember a thermodynamics class where the prof asked us what was the more efficient engine, gas or diesel. Most of the class said diesel when in reality gas engines are more efficient. One of the reasons diesel cars get better gas mileage is simply because there's more stored energy in a tankful of diesel than gas.

Here's a good site:

http://xtronics.com/reference/energy_density.htm

One of the problem with electric cars is the same as hydrogen powered vehicles. Sure its clean burning, but unfortunately every time you plug that sucker into the wall for a recharge in most cases you're burning more fossil fuel at a power plant somewhere else. Batteries are just too heavy as well. How many times do you need to accelerate a 10,000 lb forklift to 65 mph on an on-ramp or maintain 65 mph up a 4% grade.

Not to say there aren't a few rather quick electrics out there:

http://www.wurts.net/ElectrifiedMotorSports/

I've heard the refinery argument before and although limitations in refinement capabilities may lead to some short term hikes in gas prices the reality is that we consume a huge amount of plastics in this country and one of the "by-products" of plastics manufacture is gasoline(or the other way around). As long as we keep buying 2 liter bottles of coke there will be a certain amount of gasoline available for consumption.

With regards to storing hydrogen in a car the advent of metal hydride tanks has pretty much addressed that problem.

hydrogen powered vette:

http://unitednuclear.com/h2.htm

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 25
dqmn it's arond 1.89 overthere already over here the gas is going down but slowly. dont you waste more gas when is hot as h3ll than when its cold, i was just wondering. All this gas conversasion started when i said "these b@stards are taking all our money" And isaac opened his bigh mouth.lol yeah it is crazy how threads take a completely different turn somethimes is good. sometimes alot of sh!t talking.lol
I think we should all email ecoustics and demand a chat room!lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3250
yeah man I am thinking about an ID max 12:-)

nicksq
Unregistered guest
haha yeaah i agree with you lil criswe should demand a chat room. that's what a few other people suggested too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3030
You guys think gas is expensive in the states, wait till you try and buy some in Canada. We get double ripped off. First of all, we use metric system, and we have very high tax system.
Let's say the average price of gas is $2.10 per gallon. Here in Canada it's $.85 per liter!
Therefore that converted to gallon is $3.22. Half of that is taxes! I'm not kidding. Now do you see why the governments are against any technology that doesn't depend on gas? There's even talk about taxing water once hydrogen takes over. Water is practically free (cents per gallon), but the greedy governments are talking about some way of taxing heavily to make up for the loses. Some of the figures I've seen are $.35 - $.45 per liter.
Something doesn't add up, water is almost free, and yet, once it's converted to useable power, they want to charge as much as gas?
We also seem to have very stupid people in Canada. Our current government party has been stealing money for years (since 1994). They're getting investigated right now. More than half the people STILL would vote for the crooks. Because we have more than 5 parties, getting half the vote guarantees a victory. What will it take for them to wake up??
States may not have free medicare, but at least people aren't that stupid. I'm sure if George Bush stole millions of dollars, you guys would lynch him there. Here, people don't care as long as the "party" they like wins.
The old saying, "sucker born every minute" is true. It seems those sucker never go away in Canada! Soon we'll be the land of suckers.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2683
Btw Isaac, you can tell your gov. to stick it's trash up it's @ss. I wonder how long our landfills in Michigan will last. Tells ya how stupid the US gov. is aswell.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3975
A forklift isn't going to hit 65 in it's lifetime, I was just saying in terms of amp draw it's doable as long as you had enough motor/gearing. Most electric motors used in forklifts have an output in the 30,000-40,000 watt range, which would equate to 40-50 hp at a low rpm, usually making around 100-150 lb ft of torque since many make their power under 2000 rpm, similar to many 4 cylinder engines. You could make a car that had a motor powerful enough to run 65 assuming you geared it to suit, forklifts are geared down a lot to get the power to lift heavy objects, they accelerate quickly though. With a high voltage, amp draw will decrease and your effective power could be very high, but it requires a lot of batteries and essentially, mucho dinero. It's doable, though, and really you wouldn't need that much motor on a smaller car, especially saying that electric motors have very consistent power output. NiMH batteries becoming mainstream wouldn't hurt either, they are too expensive to be practical as is, though. You could say the same about hydrogen, though, which IMO has more hope than electric cars.

Plastic itself is made from petroleum. The main benefit of plastic compared to gasoline, oil, etc, is that it can be reused, quite simply actually. You simply convert the used plastic wrapper, container, whatever it is, and convert it to munchie (plastic is melted down and munched back into resin pellots). It's almost as good as the raw product itself except potential contaminants, in which they will use a certain percentage of the munchie combined with the raw product to balance it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us