Is the Audiobahn a4002t any good??

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
I see alot of talk about the a8002t and how it's a real good amp for the price, and i see the a4002t is pretty much the same amp/smaller and less wattage

so is the a4002t good amp for the price?(around 130$)

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 59
i had bad luck with that amp. it worked for a week and then one channel didn't work anymore. i took it back to circuit city because was just using as temporary amp anyways. i used it for my components and when i compared it to a ppi a300 and orion 250g4, those 2 blew that audiobahn amp out of the water in terms of output and sound quality. i think u should find another brand.

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
well the audiobahn A800t/A8002t seem to be getting alot of good feedback so i was just wondering if this amp was kindof like those two...

so this amp has poor reliability? because it has a very tempting price on it and i don't think i can get another amp that will fit my need(1X300/400 at 4ohms) for that price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
that was just my experience. i've had bad experience with audiobahn subs and amps overall so thats why i don't like audiobahn, and most people would agree. but u could find a used mtx or jbl for just a bit more and they are much more reliable in my opinion.

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
allright thanks man... how do you think a PPI art series 300.2 will push an atlas sub? both are said to have 300w rms but i don't know if that 300w rms on the amp is at 4ohms--would you guys have any idea?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
yes the PPI a300.2 is 300watts bridged @ 4 0hms.
i'll only recommend using if your going to use a sealed box since it doesn't have subsonic filter and also only if u have a good headunit because the ppi doesn't have any crossovers so your sub will play not only the bass but the full range of sound. otherwise the ppi a300.2 is a great amp, underrated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us