OoOo Snailshell

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 218
Well i figured out my buddie has a couple snailshells in the back of his trunk and i dident no, i wondered how it sounded so good with a couple sht 12's. i borrowed one for the weekend, tore apart the box, copy'd the dimensions, made my own box from them, put both back together, and they sounded nice, im impressed on how they preform and for about 60$ im happy, lol. I hope its not illegal, if it is, o well, im always in trobule. Thanks Mike for the new box (he doesent no i tore it apart). What is with the snailshell box anyways? Wierd dimensions and the subs dident sound huge difference, why?. Mine cost about 3 times as much, lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1961
what kind of sub did your friend have and what did you have?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 646
Yeh what kind of subs do you have. If you have a more lower end model sub that is why. It is known that lower end subs may not perform good in SS enclousures. Also maybe because Each SS is designed to each sub specifically. So maybe you t/s parameters are way off than the sub that the SS was designed for.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2393
"It is known that lower end subs may not perform good in SS enclousures."

Any sub should generally perform better in the SS box, you just gotta make sure the box is actually made for that specific sub. Last time I checked lower end subs didn't perform that well period.

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 49
how u make a snail shell any 1 got a picture of what they look like

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 647
lol Joe. thats what i meant. Im just saying tha dont expect to make a lower end sub like legacy or something and buy or make a SS and expect it to sound like a XXX. I gues i should've been more clear.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 648
a link for the a pic and specs of a SS made for a XXX is http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/555453/2

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 21
wow.... i want to make a box of my own.... i just need to configure the demisions..... i have a jensen xs bass.... old one and its a 10" sub

can ne one help me????

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2411
Yeah, I get what your saying basslova. People think they can throw their Sony's in a SnailShell, and they will pound... because it's a SnailShell man!

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
wouldl a w6-v2 sound good in a xxx snail shell enclosure? or does someone have a ss enclosure for a w6-v2?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2417
You gotta have them made from www.powered4sound.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us