Question about amp an sub

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 46
i have a question is it ok if i have an pioneer amp 760 watts max at 4 ohms an my sub is hook up at dual 4ohms is it ok or should it be betta just at 4ohms will it be louder or stay with the dual 4 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 30
is the pioneer amp 1 channel or two.

Cause if it is 2 channel and you have to bridge the channels, then it'll be 4 ohm stable, therefore you can't use it with your sub.

your sub is a dual 4 ohm, which means it can either be 2 ohm or 8 ohm combination, NOT 4ohms. so you need another amp that will power your sub at 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 47
2 channel at 4 ohms an the sub is what u said

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 33
I didn;t say anything.

I'm saying because your amp is 2 channels, you will have to bridge the amp which will be stable at 4 ohms, therefore you can't give it a 2 0hm load. if you do wanna hook it up to your 2 channel amp you will have to connect the voice coils in series to give an 8 ohm load to the amplifier. It will still work, but it will be vastly under powered.

you have to be more specific with the specifications of your gear, for me to help you

ie, rms values and not max values, you sub specs and amp specs

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 48
since the amp is 760 stable bridge 4 ohm i should just run the sub at 4ohm on 1 voice coil will that be betta than runnin it of a 2ohm load if i just hook it bac up to the 2ohm load on the sub an 4ohm on amp willl any thing go wrong

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 35
you can't do that. you're amp will go into protection or burn out.

just show it an 8 ohm load, it'll be fine, it won;t be as loud as what it could be. Just get another amp or sub

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 52
my amp been fine never went in 2 the protection
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us