Amps cutting off

Bronze Member
Username: Ruckus

Oh

Post Number: 22
I have had my system hooked up for 2 days, and everythings been working great, then tonight, all of the sudden both amps cut off and it did it when I had my system at about 1/2 vol. I turned of my truck then turned it back on, and the amps turn on, but within a a sec or two they turn back off. does anyone have any ideas why this might be? I'm at a loss, my amps arent really hot, just warm, and they do turn back on, they just dont stay on... so its not a fuse....any thoughts

allende5
Unregistered guest
If they are `both` turning off at the same time, I would first look at your remote turn on. How is your remote turn on wired to your amps? What distance and gauge?

Maybe to troubleshoot, you can temporarily disconnect your remote turn on and bridge your 12V power line directly to the remote and see if it stays on. (However, don't leave it like this). If it works OK, perhaps your HU or your wiring is unable to supply the remote turn with enough juice.

Just a quick guess.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 561
You may also want to check your grounds. And check your bat and alt. What size ratings are your amps and do you have a distribution block?

Bronze Member
Username: Ruckus

Oh

Post Number: 24
I have two amps, first is a RF T10001bd (150A fuse) and the other is an alpine MRP F-240 (30A Fuse), I ran 2 seperate power wires, a 4awg to the RF amp and a 8awg to the alpine. I drive an '84 ford f-250, I cant tell what the alt is (but from goin on the site rockauto.com it says it should be a 70amp alt) but I think its closer to 130-150 cause It had a towing package on the truck. my lights dont dim from my system, would I need a new alt?

allende5
Unregistered guest
What about your remote wire? Have you tried bridging your 12V power line to your remote to see if the problem goes away. I'm still suspicious about your remote wire.

I don't think it would be your alternator causing the amps to power off. If your system drained `that` much power from your car, your battery would likely be dead and fail to supply enough power to restart your car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us