WTF!?...Jonathan, my ID max's only have 2 magnets?

Blair
Unregistered guest
Jonathan,

I thought you would have the best idea on this. My ID Max's (D2 model version 3) I bought only have 2 magnets and all of the other max's I see in pictures have 3? However my 2 magnets seem to be the same overall size as the subs I see with 3.

Whats the go????

What can you tell me about this?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2387
Are your ID MAX's 10's?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 785
from what i understand ID has a little newer version of the ID Max V3's....they have a double stack instead of a triple.

the motors still have the same BL (strength) so they figured there was no reason to call it a "new" verson. so in other words, there is an ID max V3.01 and a V3.02 :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2388
As long as the magnetic field is the same strength, it doens't matter if the magnet is triple or double stacked. Their still using the same amount of magnet.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 786
yep...exactly

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2928
I would rather have one magnet with the power of 3!
With those, you can just about erase credit cards/vhs tapes and cause havoc on mechanical devices.
If you ever open up a dead harddrive, you'll see a thin magnet. It is very powerful. In fact if you stick it on a metal surface, you would have hard time getting it off.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 422
mmm I'll have to check that out, I have a whole box of the old sub 1gb and just over that sized harddrives that will never go to use again. Well, they will now.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 787
Yea Isaac,

those magnets in harddrives are beastly lil guys. i had one and my friend put it on his car...we had h3ll getting it off.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2389
Have you guys ever played with a Neodymium magnets? Our physics teacher has an almost pure Neodymium magnet coated with nickel. It's about the size of a quarter, and cost over a hundred bucks, (can't remember how much). You gotta keep it away from other magnets, and be careful with it, since pure Neodymium is easily de-magnetized, but once you put that little magnet on anything iron, it's almost impossible to remove it with just your hands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us