15's vs.12's

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 14
which do you guys think would be louder my current setup of 2 audiobahn 151t 15" subs or 3 jl audio 12w3v2's w/ a little less wattage being run at 2.67 ohms. the amp is the rockford bd1001

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 50
the JLs, Audiobahn is crap. I personally think you would still be better off to go with Ascendant Audio, Resonant Engineering or Adire than JL but that is just IMO. but if I had to choose between those 2 i would get the JLs. go to www.ascendantaudio.com they are having a sale on all their subs if there is any left.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 18
would the 3 jl 12's in a poted box be as deep as the audiobahn 15's in sealed boxes.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 204
I feel deprived. I have never heard a Resonant Engineering, but I can guarantee i've searched for their XXX thing on google only to get dire results. Just how good are they comparitively?

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 57
with the JLs you would not get the lows that you would with the 15"s but the JLs will sound alot better.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 58
go to www.reaudio.com to look at the XXX Jexxen.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 206
Ah, thanks, I didn't know they had such a high rms handling! Getting a good amp to power one of those would be expensive, wow...

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 61
I powered mine with a Hifonics BX1500D when i entered it in a competition and it hit 150.7. you can get those amps off of ebay brand new for about 260$ with shipping and it will be loud enough that i have to turn the volume down after a little while of listening to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us