Bad ebay experience

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 183
I bought an amp off of ebay. I had the amp tested and guess what, it produces no output. The auction said it was in perfect working condition. I havn't heard back from the guy as of yet. The shop that tested it said there was nothing I could do to fix it. Is there something I can do, or am I really screwed? I have never had a problem with ebay, this is the first, and damnit doesn't it suck. It's always something.

goon

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 399
Bi tch to ebay and the seller and paypal if you used 'em.

RayByds
Unregistered guest
At least you recieved an amp. I bought an amp off eBay last summer and got nothing. The seller took off with mine and like 10 other peoples money. 450 bucks gone. That's the risk with eBay, so buy wisely. But yea i feel your pain man.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2919
Howie, if you bought using credit card, contact your bank and they will refund you. If however you used paypal and used instant payment (that is the default on paypal) then you will have to ask Paypal to refund you. That could take months or years. I still haven't received mine yet.
This is why I always use credit card payment via paypal. If anything goes wrong, I just call my bank.
In fact that's much better than using paypal to refund your money. Somehow, they don't consider it urgent unless bank gets involved.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 409
always check sellers ratings before buying and ask around on the forums about the seller before you buy.

Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 4
It sucks, but you should be able to get your money back one way or another.

Like mentioned earlier, you can dispute the transaction with your credit card company if such was used.

Paypal recently has improved in that you can file a buyer dispute. I have done this a couple of times, and unless the seller takes corrective action, the entire amount paid is refunded to your paypal account, usually within a couple of weeks. If the item was listed as-is, well you are out of luck.

If you paid via check or money order, you can contact your bank, and / or file mail fraud with the USPS. The latter usually does not get your money back in a timely manner, but if this guy is doing this to a lot of people, rest assured he won't be going about it for very long.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
he has sold a couple thousand items, with 98%+ feedback, it wasn't as-is so it really pisses me off. i used a debit card through paypal. i hope that can make things easier. hopefully when I hear back from him he doesn't give me any problems and refunds or replaces my item with a working one. i thank all of you for your suggestions.

goon

Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 7
Well the debit card almost certainly has the VISA or Mastercard logo, so you are protected under the same circumstances are a normal credit card. Simply contact the card issuer directly if your outcome is not satisfactory.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2922
Howie, since you used debit, contact eBay right away (don't wait for the seller to reply back, I'm sure he's taking his time so that your payment will clear). Then they will take the money away from the seller's account. If you wait too long, the seller will transfer the money to his private account. Then eBay won't do a thing.
Next time, use credit card transaction.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 147
Keep trying to get in touch with the seller....if he's sold a few thousand items and has that high of a positive feedback then I'm sure he's fairly reputable....it doesn't take much to screw up the rating on Ebay

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
Ok, thigns are getting better. He said he would give me another one or a full refund. But it has to pass the DOA test...I dont know why he would test it, since I already did and it's not working. anywho, things seem to be getting better.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 418
who was the seller and what's his name?

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
the seller is eldirect, he sold over 20,000 items. I guess this is just one of those flukes, but i'm still pissed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us