Question on Hrtz

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 43
Can some1 explain to me the hrtz...whats louder whats not as lod and if u tune a 10 to 35 hrtz and a 12 to 35 hrtz will they sound the same differnt help me out on this guys, cuz i really want to start to learn about all this subwofer stuff.---Its fun

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1789
An hz is just the frequency the sub will play at.
35hz is low and deep, and 45/50hz is loud.
When competing you usually tune the box to 45/50hz... thats where you get the most db's.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1792
P.s, you wouldn't notice a box tuned to 10/12hz... the human ear can only hear 20/20000hz.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2371
Actually taylor, you can tune boxes that low, and there a a few that use boxes tuned lower than 20 hz. Look at the recommended ported enclosures for the Avalanche 18".

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 44
so what is a good frequency to listen to 2 ported 12's--music genre being rap and u want it to hit hard but have some sq

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 45
I was told and hear that tuned at 35hrtz is a pretty good frequency???-elaboration

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 24
For most rap music, I would tune to 25-27hz if the sub can take advantage of a tuned box in that range that is. A 15 inch driver tuned to 27hz will generally be louder than a 12 inch driver with the same tuning and the same amplififer power(and of course the same model driver).

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 25
Taylor you can tune a box low, and you will notice a difference, if you are not able to hear it, then certainly you will feel it. 10hz at a high level(say at 110 db) feels somewhat like an earthquake!

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 46
I have 2 atlas 12 so what would a good frequency be for rap??? in a ported
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us