Amp install with Stock Stereo

Username: Kg022

Post Number: 1
I have a question for all the experts out there. I have an Audi A4 with a Bose stock stereo and a Bose stock amp for the door speakers. I want to install a Kenwood 2 channel amp to power a subwoffer. I know how to install everything except the RCA preamps. The stock stereo does not have any preamp outputs and I would prefer not to upgrade the headunit. If anyone knows how to install an amp to a stock stereo, can you please let me know. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman111

Keizer, OR US

Post Number: 22
i just got done doing this and it sucked but you can get this little box from a audio shop or best buy and you splice all of the speaker wires to the box and the boxs has rca's on it. but its hard to fit the box back behind the head unit and the wires would always slide out of the litte box, it took some time, but it works.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 14
Yes, look for a high quality line out converter(loc for short). They will have rca outputs on one end and speaker level inputs on the other end you can install anywhere that you have speaker level connections for example, you can use the rear speakers, just splice into the rear speaker wires make a good solder connection apply heat shrink tubing over the spliced/soldered connection and your all set i have done this many times for people that want to add bass to their factory stereo(i have been installing amplifiers hu's etc.. and building enclosures since 1992 and come across this many times). A quality one can be found here http://www.autosound2000.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us