Just a ?

Username: Kylekamp420

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 1
alright i know every one on here is not that impressed with volfenhag subs or legacy amps but i was wondering will 2 volfenhag 12s sound good with a 1600 watt mono legacy amp

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 2
just a follow up ? i have both them alread in the way, and i was wondering if any one would recomend a certain power cap with these

Bronze Member
Username: Mhamilton1

Ny Us

Post Number: 14
i dont know if they will sound any good as i am not a fan of either brand but i do know that you csn save your money on the cap you DONT need one. i am not an expert in any way but i think you will be lucky to get 200 to 300 watts rms out of that 1600 watt amp

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 3
so your saying i should have never bought it?
so what system and amp do you think i should go with to get some extrem bass, cuzz i want something that is louder than hell

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 42
I'm just being real with ya dog, that amp really isn't any good. Legacy does not make good quality stuff whatsoever. TRUST ME, there is a reason why they don't list rms wattage on any of their stuff. I am not sure how much those subs can handle, but as a rule of thumb, I'd say that if an amp costs less than your subs and box combined, you better look for something different.

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 4
ya i wanst expecting much for what i payed for it but in my car right now i have a really old pair of pioneer 12' and it has a small amp i dont know the brand our rms or any thing about it i just bought it for a 100 bucks, and i was just looking to upgrade my system a bit, my old subs cant hit any low notes at all and i can am planning on buying a better system when i get a job,
any one have a good system in mine i will probably spend about 1000 dollers, i already have a alpine deck thats really good i nedd subs and amps whats top quality, my friend has 2 orion hcca, with a rockford amp and a rockford power cap and i havent hear and kicker squars or any thing that even compaired and he has 2 tens, i want something that will, out bump his system

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 143
I think you will be fine man. I started off when i was 13 helpin my brother with his camaro. I started with a 20 dollar amp from the flea market and a sony 10 inch sub. Ive used pyramid amps and legacy amps. My roots are in those amps when i couldnt pay for top end sh&^. I dont reccommend em to the big time audio fan. but they are good for someone just getting into high end. But if you want major bump most of the time you will have to shell out some major $$$

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 144
car audio. not high end. my bad on the typos people.

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhag1200

Post Number: 33
I have 2 volfenhag 15" subs that push out 1200 watts 600 rms and a volfenhag amp thats 2000 watts and they pound hard in my car i dont see why everyone doesnt like volfenhag is it just because they are a new brand or german or something cuz i love mine

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 5
ya ive heard both good and bad thins about volfenhag every one ive talked to that owned them were pleased with them but every one on here hates them, i just want a sub that will sound good im not going to be able to afford a top quality sub,i just wanted something that will sound decent for cheap, and im sure that my ne volfenhags will be much better than the old old pioneers that i am takeing out

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2365
"i dont see why everyone doesnt like volfenhag is it just because they are a new brand or german or something cuz i love mine"

Their not brand new. And yes, most people on this forum don't like them. I would never run them, but then again I probably spent 2 or 3 times as much money on my system as you did for your Volfenhag's. If somebody came on here asking about Volfenhag's when they had a 2 or 3 thousand dollar budget, then yes, I'd tell them they are absolute crap. I can see how you could like them though, if you don't have very much money and have never heard a quality system before.

Hey, my very first system was an Audiobahn sub with a legacy amp. I thought it sounded awsome. Then I began listening to other systems, and I eventually realized how crappy my system really was.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
there is a big difference between a system that 'pounds' and a system that sounds good. Usually legacy/pyrmid/volfenhag will 'pound' but its dirty and dont last long.

Spring Grove, MN U.S.A

Post Number: 6
ya i know what you all are sauying but i already have the 2 12" volfenhags and a 1600 watt legacy amp, i dont expect the to be even comparable to my friends 2 10" hcca orions, but i cant afford anything better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us