Recommended monoblock 150-200w amp for JL 6.5'' sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Stream

Arkansas

Post Number: 27
I have a Z3, and I'm going to use one of the custom enclosures from www.z3bass.com to put between the seats (don't have room for anything in the trunk). It uses a JL 6w0 6.5'' sub, and I need a monoblock that puts out between 150 and 200 watts at 4ohms. I can spend up to about $350 on the amp.

Suggestions? Thanks guys.

-Jesse

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1250
Ummm...... 6w0's are rated for 75 watts rms. Just thought you should know that.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 28
Yeah, I know. Thanks though :-)

They have a sliding power scale, and they stop honoring the warranty at 150w. The guy at z3bass says he had a 200w amp on it for months with the gain down low, and never had a problem.

I'd probably want a 150w amp just to be a little safer.

-Jesse

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 29
What about the Audiobahn A6005DN? It's new and pretty hard to find. It's 150w at 4ohms, and it's like $220 from sounddomain.com. But it's not available yet :-(

-Jesse

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 30
Oooorrrr, the Infinity Reference 310a.

116w at 4ohms, on sale for $135.

-Jesse

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 31
And the Crossfire VR600D.

150w at 4ohms, around $280 or so.

-Jesse

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 769
How about a kicker kx150.2 or kx200.2?

Either of those would be a pretty nice lil amp if you want 150-200wmrs+. You can find them for about $100. Just a suggestion though.

-Marshall
(figured i'd sign my name since everyone else did)

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 32
What do you think of the Kicker vs. the other three? As long as it's under $300 or $350, I don't care. I want the best one for $350 or under.

-Jesse

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1258
Ahh.... its a ported enclosure.

I run a pair of these

http://www.cardomain.com/item/XTAXTANT11

to my my 6w0's. I picked them up for $100 each refurbished. They are really dinky, probably the smallest amp you can buy these days and would be a good choice if you're limited on space. You'd need a h/u with an on-board xover however, as they have none.

$350 is a lot to spend on 150 watts, but here's great option if you're utilizing a factory h/u:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/XTAXTANT31

Sound domain has em on special with a free subwoofer control and balanced line adapter included. That adapter allows you to utilize most factory decks w/o the need of a distortion adding, frequency response robbing line-out converter(LOC).

If you've got an aftemarket h/u and don't need Sound Domain's added freebies you can pick up the 300.1 a lot cheaper on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5771839162 %26

Sound Domain is the only authorized Xtant internet dealer I know of however.

Wow, $350. You've got a lot of options.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 33
Yeah, I have an Alpine 9833. I may go with the 116w Infinity. That $135 sale price is hard to ignore, and I've had very good luck with other Infinity products in the past.

Thanks!

-Jesse

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 44
I was thinking the Xtant 3.1 would be good for him too. Search on ebay, you can get one for pretty cheap. If you want to buy one brand new, then use Fishy's link. He is a used one, nice price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39742%26item%3D5773253374 %26

This is really frickin cheap, but you might be taking a chance.

-Isaac (lol)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us