Wrong Amp Wires??

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 15
in the description for my Hifonics TX1005D it says " silver 4-gauge power connectors"...my amp wires are 4-gauge but there gold...think that would make a difference?

Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 9
That just sounded like the stupidest f-ing question i ever heard... NO IT DOESNT MATTER by it saying there are silver connectors it means they are silver.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 136
Man, that was harsh!!

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 16
Yes shawn that was uncalled for, we were all unlearned at some point. Thats correct the color of the wire does not matter the diameter of the unjacketed wire does, measured in gauge. It is better to have "tinned" wire over any other because the tinning process is very resistant to corrosion. Knukonceptz is especially good wire its performance is second to none, and it is priced competitively compared to other brands. It is also "tinned" and has a higher strand count than competing brands, so it is more flexible and easier to work with. It is what I personally use, and I have been installing car audio since 1992.

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 16
thanks E...i hate when people come on here talking sh1t just cuz they been into car audio for a long a5s time and they know more than me...Sorry i aint as smart as you shawn, but ur probably old as hell and been working on car audio for a while...i was just wondering though because i was thinkin that might of been why my last hifonics amp started smoking when it was brand new and i only had it hooked up for 5 min...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
When a amplifier starts smoking it is not a good sign! The amp may have been bad to begin with, was wet inside(ugh!), or you may have wired the power to the ground and vise versa, this will surely do it.

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 13
uhmm hey buddy im 19, and so what that is a a question i could have answered when i first started the whole year ago, and E those wires run high $, thats a waste of money when you can get something just as good for a lot less. but hey dude i didnt mean anything by the smart as$ remark, that was uncalled for sorry dude.

Username: Telef

Post Number: 4
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4

$31 for a 4 gauge kit isn't overpriced at all. Not to mention the blue/silver color scheme which I think is a lot nicer than the boring red/black. Just my opinion. They also got a 4 gauge kit for $22, not as nice though.

-telef

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Knukonceptz wire/kits offer performance second to none and they are less expensive than brands such as stinger,rockford, kicker, phoenix gold, and streetwires. You can not go wrong by going with knukonceptz wire.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1221
i went with knukonceptz for overall price and performance and quality
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us