Isaac, need advice please.

Bronze Member
Username: Calaway

Austin, TX

Post Number: 66
You have helped before. I am having to rethink my system and want to get it right this time.

My car is set up with 2-6.5inch in the doors and 2 6x9's in the deck. I have 2 Kicker 6.5s(75watt rms at 4ohms) in the door and an Alpine 9831 HU. I want to stick with those.

My ideal situation is to have great SQ out of the 4 inside speakers, and one sub giving good bass foundation in the trunk. I have 2 100watt RMS 6x9s. I realize the imaging is in the front, but I want to go all RCA out of the HU and deactivate it's internal amp.

I just want a good bass foundation and have seen suggestions for one 12inch for that. So I will need an amp and sub for that.

I can't go JL as far as money wise. I am leaning to RF or Kicker etc.

I am open to suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2896
If you want great sound quality, then get 2 channel or 4 channel amp for the speakers and sub amp and 12" sub.
Look for PPI PC/PCX series on eBay. There was an amp that was 100w x 4 couple of days ago and it sold for $250. That was a very good price, especially for PC series.
If you can't find that, then try Xtant's 4 channel amps. They're very high quality also.
For sub amp, if money is tight, then try MTX/JBL/Audiobahn's A8000T ($135).
For a great sounding sub, try JL. They had 12" that was 400w rms for around $200. If that's too pricey, then RF will do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us