Amp settings

samlock
Unregistered guest
Hey ppl, i just tested my alpine MRD- M301 with my audiobahn 500 watts rms sub. it seemed really quiet, however the sub wasnt boxed or anything so maybe that plays a part? Also its a digital amp and the only gain setting available are +6 or +9, what should i use? Thanks Sam

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 130
DO NOT PLAY A SUB WITHOUT A BOX. IT WILL BLOW THE SUB!!!. Thats the most terrible thing you could do to a sub. Especially at high volumes. Get a box. Subs wont make noise w/o a box. Open air subs are a different thing. There designed for more space but still not without a barrier between the front and back sub. So get a box, at the reccommended size. dont get a 10 inch box and put a 12 in it. Ive seen people do that. Just cut the whole bigger. Be precise if you want your music precise.

sam111
Unregistered guest
Oh rite cheers, i was only testing it i dont think iv damaged it, i didnt overexcurte it (i dont think) Im planning on building a box soon. Still what about the gain setting? thanks alot

AudioFreq
Unregistered guest
ahem... back to your question!

Nice that someone actually reads past the 1st 2 sentences eh lol

If you only have those two choices it will be pretty basic (once yer enclosure is built):

Center all the preamp controls on the deck: bass, treble, loudness off no DSP ect.

Use the lessor setting on the amp 1st. and try cranking the deck up. If it distorts long b4 you get to 100% volume = YUK (and you may need less RCA signal out of the deck to get suitable gain).
If it does not clip.. try the other 9db setting.

eg...Your next actions are as easy as they are limited by the switch on the amp :/

http://www.allexperts.com/displayexpert.asp?

Cheers

AudioFreq
Unregistered guest
ahem... back to your question!

Nice that someone actually reads past the 1st 2 sentences eh lol

If you only have those two choices it will be pretty basic (once yer enclosure is built):

Center all the preamp controls on the deck: bass, treble, loudness off no DSP ect.

Use the lessor setting on the amp 1st. and try cranking the deck up. If it distorts long b4 you get to 100% volume = YUK (and you may need less RCA signal out of the deck to get suitable gain).
If it does not clip.. try the other 9db setting.

eg...Your next actions are as easy as they are limited by the switch on the amp :/

http://www.allexperts.com/displayexpert.asp?Expert=63518

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us