More spl

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 96
i went a my first ever bass comp last weekend and i scored a 143.6 and a 143.2 the winner of the comp scored a 149.7 how do i get that high????? i am runnin 6 12's(kfc-w3005) and a 1800 watt amp, what should i buy to make this louder, a cap? mayb plz help i wanna win!

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 97
should i get sum nice 6x9's and a amp for those? if so i have a 250 watt kenwood amp i could use but what kind of 6x9's should i get? if that would even help?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 406
Getting into speakers, you should probably get a component set. Not sure what price range you're looking at, but the Infinity Perfect components supposedly are pretty loud and bright.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
what kinda amp? Your subs can handle 2100 RMS power, so consider an orion 2500D..produces 2500 watts X1 @1ohm RMS...I am suspecting your amp is a cheap-o "1800 watt" flea market amp, but who knows. You should be able to get higher numbers with 6 of those kenwood 12's.

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 98
ya i should be ablew to get higher spl thats what i was wounderin because ya legacy is a cheapo amp and i was wounderin if a new amp or a bigger one or more amps would make it louder and should i get a cap? or sum 6x9's? with a amp, money really isnt a problem my checks go right into my car

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 99
just wounderin does anyone know what spl i should be hittin

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2364
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd say your lucky hitting the 143 you got with those Kenwood subs. Their not really intended to be ultimate spl subs.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 780
adam,

What kind of vehicle do you have? What is the RMS rating on those subs? What kind of boxes do you have?

If you have the room for a big ported box...then I think some of us here can help yu out.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2917
Adam, dump the Legacy amp first. Invest on a good amp like Orion G4/XTR/SX, Zapco, JL, PPI etc.
It's the amp that drives the subs.
Are you using HO alternator? Without it, you won't get max power.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 403
if u wanna win then fork some money out on some better woofers.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 404
and an amp.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 405
oh, and yeah an nice set of 6x9's will jump you from a 143 to a good 155. no 6x9's wont help, but a ported box will.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2381
"if u wanna win then fork some money out on some better woofers."

That's what I was kinda referring to earlier. lol.

But if he does get a better amp and goes ported (if he's not already) he should be able to raise his numbers.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 414
yeah joe, if he'd do that then he would of won the last comp in my opinion
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us