Wiring capacitor, Battery, and choosing?

Username: Centerx49

Post Number: 1
I have an Audiobahn a2200hct amp and one aw1208t sub, was just wondering how to wire a capacitor and battery if needed also, I talked to audiobahn and they said that I need a 2-3 farad cap and at least a 800-1200 cold cranking battery. Would the battery replace my car battery or will it sit in my trunk and why a 2-3 farad cap?

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 69
Ok for starts. Audiobahn's ratings are a little skewed. (tested in a lab). I reccommend a 1.5 or 2 farad cap. You could always go 3 if you have the money to spend. But i think 2 will be ok. I run a 2nd battery (well 4 in total now)(used to be 2) and i had it running to a 1 farad cap. Before i got the 15 farad alumapro. It worked fine with 1000rms. So i think you will be well ok with 2 farad and a battery. Heck you might not even need the battery. The tequila has gotten to me yet again, so if i made a mistake or didnt make sence reply and ill correct it

Username: Centerx49

Post Number: 2
how do I wire the battery and cap to my system.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 101
Im guessin you addin youe 2nd bat to your system. Run the power cable still with fuse less than 12 inches from under hood battery. Run 0g or 4g min i reccommend 0 g for that many watts to battery in trunk if its a car or back if its an suv/truck.
From the new battery run the power to the cap, then to the amp. Make a new ground for the battery in back. Use 0 guage of 4 guage, Try and always use a bigger ground cable than your power cable, But if u use 0 for power use 0 for ground. Run ground to new battery. From there run it to cap and then amp. Thats what i had with my 2 battery setup. Pretty simple. Keeps both batteries chargerd. Make sure you use a solid ground tho. NO paint or anything taking away from the raw conductive metal. You will be alrite from there. Just post if you have any questions. I use post terminals on my batteries whan i ran 2 bats. 1 power in and one groun in. one ground out and one power out. Simple Oh and make sure battery is held down. Acid+carpet= no more carpet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us