More bass

asd
Unregistered guest
i have a 4 channel amp which supposedly puts out about 80 watts a channel. Right now i have 2 10" subs only on 2 of the channels. anyway i can get more bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Big_l

Surrey, Surrey England

Post Number: 11
well bridge the subs so that they are running off two channels each, You use the positive from one channel and the negative from the next channel so you double the power to them. Your amp MUST be bridgable though, it will say on the side or near the speaker connections

asd
Unregistered guest
yea my amp is bridgable. i bridged them now but i still have a lot more treble than i would like. Any more suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 84
Do you have a crossover on the amplifier? Your subs should not be reproducing mid/high frequencies. If so, turn the crossover onto to low-pass, if not, you will need a crossover. Also, check to make sure your subs are not wired out of phase, which means that both are hooked up positive to positive, negative to negative.

asd
Unregistered guest
my subs are wired alright and everything but no i dont have a crossover. Isn't there a converter or sumthin to get a lot more bass?

asd
Unregistered guest
hello?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1511
yeah it's called better subs and a bigger amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 28
Does high/mid frequencies ruin a sub or is it just a sound quality issue?

Username: Ab0tj

Craig, CO USA

Post Number: 7
Giving a sub high frequencies can ruin the sub, since the subs can't move at that high of a frequency. That means any high frequency signal applied to the sub will be converted to heat instead of movement. It also wastes amplifier power that could have been used to make bass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1520
the roll off of the sub will prevent any damage.
running anything over about 80Hz to a sub just makes it sound like crap on a stick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us