SYSTEM COMPLETION with pictures(thanks to you all)

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 76
ok, after about 16 hours of my own work I completed my system and my underbody glow kit.this is my second install, the first was a crappy legacy system in a old van where wires were everywhere, this time I did a good job on the hiding. the car is a 1997 ford probe its black has 87k miles standard. it came with an alarm. payed 2800 bucks registered and off the lot. well here it is hope you guys like it

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X789
-Kicker KX 1200.1(rated 1430)
-Kicker S12L7's solobaric subs
-Kicker KX 350.2(rated 355)
-Infinity kappa perfect 6.1's
-Subzone ported box tuned 37hz
-KnuKoncept wiring (the RCA's are karma kable 2 channel)
-1 guage from the battery distributioned to 4 guage running to both amps and same with the ground

system cost me roughly 1800 bucks using ebay

Upload
Upload
Upload
wired at 2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel / Parallel
Upload
Upload
the woofer fit in the stock holder only problem is the window is right against the woofer so I cant roll the window down all the way, not a big problem to me tho
Upload
Upload
Upload
thats the 1 guage power wire and the rca's under the steering wheel where the pedals are
Upload
see anything? thought not but that is where I ran the rca's and the huge power wire dont know how I pulled it off but I did
Upload
ran it under the back seat to the trunk pretty nice eh?
Upload
Upload
thats the glow kit, didnt care about hiding wires just gotta keep them up, the back light broke off because the hardware to hold em up is plastic, just got some galvanized pipe holders from home depo ganna put those on so the rest wont break off, only prob is they dont work for like 2 days after it rains, I just need to tape the terminals and ill be fine otherwise 50 bucks shipped for a underbody kit with a remote turn on, just needs better hardware
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 290
i would clean up the wiring in the trunk, maybe build a amp rack infront of the subs and run the wires underneath the rack with both amps mounted there. all in all not to bad for a 2nd install nice job, how does it sound?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
its insane, feels like everything on the car is shaking, still need to get the HO alt though sometimes the bass cuts in and out, been trying to talk to mralternator but hes being a shmuck so im still trying to get one

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 623
yeh its way better than my first 3 installs. Way better.lol. nice job.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 298
you should have seen my first install lol. 2 MTX thunder 8000s one in a box from crutchfield the other in a box from Circuit city and they were different cf :-)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3364
haha the car in front of yours is mine, expcept forest green and 4 door

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 164
hey is that kicker KX1200.1 1200w rms @ 1 ohm @ 12v?

mary poppins
Unregistered guest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
well the kicker kx1200.1 came with a birth sheet and it actually puts out more it puts out 1430 but yea, I think all amps are rated at 14.4v? yes its 1200w RMS @ 1 ohm think at 14 volts though

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1386
thats a big bottle of cologne.jk. i use to have that stuff, nuatica comp. kinda strong though. oh oh ya i like the install, not too bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Sexxybeast_5

Geelong, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 35
the subs look s_h_i_t no ofence suare subs dont appeal to me and didnt any one tell you that square subs don last as long as circle ones because the square subs have stress points in the corners and like Alpine Thumping said you need to hide the wires makes sumthin up like a rack but all in alll it's a preetty good system

Bronze Member
Username: Sexxybeast_5

Geelong, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 36
square subs sorry about the spelling

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2950
Whomever designed a square sub at Kicker should be "kicked" for being an idiot.
I know they wanted to be different, but physics will tell you, it's not a smart idea.

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 98
I think it looks sweet! You picked a good system 2!

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1269
...run the rca's down the other side of the car...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2391
Yeah, looks like the RCA's are running right next to the power and ground. Where does your ground go to anways? From the picture it looks like it could be pretty long.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us