2 audiobahn 15" subs!

Username: Karam

Post Number: 1
hello to everyone out there! this is my first post in this site.
my problem is i have just got two brand new audiobahn 15" subs (AW151T) 650rms
spec -
Phat 2" Foam Surround
Non-pressed, Non-transfer Paper Cone
KM3' Coated for virtually No cone distortion
Single 4 Ohm
4 ohm Operation
Multi-connect lug lock terminals

Magnet weight: 80oz.
Power handling 650 watts RMS
Freq. Response: 22Hz-7kHz
Efficiency: 94dB
Operation: 4 ohm
Mounting Depth: 7 18"
Hole Cutout: 14"
Outer Diameter: 15 1/2"

The problem i have is what size do i make the bass box? audiobahn suggest between 3.25 - 1.25 i know the smaller the "puncher" bass you get.what do you suggest between this?

The other problem is what amp to power these subs?
I was looking at this configuration to save money. will it work that my question>
two mono sony XMD-500X's
there spec -
Channel Configuration: 1 (mono)
Low Pass Filter (selectable): 50-200 Hz
Output Power DIN 45500: at 4 ohm 1 x 250W (14V, 100Hz), at 2 ohm 1 x 500W (14V, 100Hz)
Output Power Rated/THD: at 4 ohm 1 x 250W / 0.2% (14.4V, 20-300Hz), at 2 ohm 1 x 500W / 0.6% (14.4V, 20-300Hz)
Output Power Maximum (14.4V): at 4 ohm 1 x 600W, at 2 ohm 1 x 1100W
Frequency Response: 5-300Hz (Tolerance: +0.5/-3 dB)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (1 kHz): <0.04% (14V, 100Hz)
4-rail Power Supply
2 Channel
Speaker Level Input and Line Out
MOSFET: Output Stage/Power Supply
Bass Boost: 40Hz, 0-10 dB
Toroidal Transformer
Line In: Input Sensitivity 0.3 - 6V
Gold Plated Connectors
Load Capability: 2 ohm
Current Drain (rated output power at 4 ohm): 50 A
Weight Approx 3.3kg
Dimensions (W X H X D in mm) approx 388 x 53 x 268

The question is the sub is at 4 ohms. will this amp work as it is 1x600rms at 2ohms stable?

Post Number: 2
i guess thats a bit too much to read all i need to know is can i use a mono amp at 2ohms on a 4ohms sub the sub can take 650rms and the amp produces 1x600rms at 2 ohms? please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 391
"my problem is i have just got two brand new audiobahn 15" subs (AW151T) 650rms"

THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM!!! LOL!

You can wires both subs into that amp. Two 4 ohm subs wired in parrallel will give you a 2 ohm load. Perfect.

Post Number: 3
lol, yes i understand BUT, the problem is can i wire one sub(4ohm svc) to 1 amp which gives 1x600rms at 2 ohms as the amp only give out 600rms. so if i buy two amps and use them on each sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 70
Here's a better solution, don't buy sony amps. 600 sony watts is about 300 actual watts. Sony needs to stick to Tv's. They basically build crap and put the sony stamp on it, and expect people to buy it.

I would wire the subs together in parallel (connect both pos together and both negs together and then connect the amp.) giving you a 2 ohm load. Then either get an amp that will give you 1200-1500 watts rms at 2 ohm. It will be cheaper to get one large amp than 2 small ones. Then as far as the box goes, talk to Subfanatic. he builds custom stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 71
Ok, here's what you should do, return the subs for the dual 4 ohm voice coil version. should be the same price, if not, it will only be a few bucks more.

Then go here: www.onlinecarstereo.com

get the PPI DCX 1500.1 amp, it's 1500 watts at 1 ohm. and it's only $500. You will be bumping with the best of them.

Post Number: 4
the thing is i cant return the subs as i got them from ebay. there was a deal buy one get another free so i got them. the other problem is that i live in the uk. i got the subs from usa as they were alot less money.
so could you tell me what is the best amp to get for those subs and value for money. if you can find a shop in usa which will ship to uk could you let me know and if they do the amp i could get it from them.

Post Number: 5
is it possible to buy this amp PPI DCX 1000.1
and ship it to uk. it would work out cheaper to me. if some body could find out thanks alot.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 90
You could . Still underpowered tho. By a huge margin.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 16
hey i have those same subs and i use a rockford fosgate bd1001 amp on them and it pushes them very well. i've had the subs for a little over a year and they are very loud trust me. i paid about 275 for that amp on ebay noramlly that amp is around 500 or more!

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 17
the amp does 1000 at 2 ohms wire the subs in parallel and you will get the 2 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
cool i'll have a look on e bay , also any body else selling those amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
did you pay 275 dollars or uk pounds?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help