AmP hElP!!!!!

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
whats going to be the best amp for 1 15" atlas.. i was looking at the audiobahn a2800t or somthing and just use one of the channels( because eventually im going to get 2 subs)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2790
jbl bp 600 it is 300 x1 at 4ohms and if you want to add another down the road at two ohms it is 600x1.

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
im on a tight budget(about 115$tops) thats why i was thinking the audiobahn a2800t... the subs 300w rms but i heard it's really underated so it's prolly a true 350-400 rms-- so any good amps for bout 115??

Anonymous

nope

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1870
try more like their power is over rated....my cousins profile amp has the same fuse size as the a 4002t and they claim its 400 rms but trust me it isnt do the math 40 amps (fuse size) times 14.4 = 576 wattsthats 100 percent efficiency knock it down to class a/b efficiency which is 60 percent your down to 230.4 watts and thats at 14.4 volts and an amp never reaches full fuse rating

Gold Member

Post Number: 1871
opps i messed up its 345.6 watts not 230.4 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1872
still over rated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1873
could be as low as 50 percent efficiency 288 watts

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
well the audiobahn is on the cheaper side and i only need about300-350watts rms... so would it do the job(one channel of the a2800t)... or i could just get the a2400t bridged but its the same price.. which is better performance wise?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1777
Yes, it will do the job.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
do you have a link to that amp?

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
okay now i have a little delema though.. the atlas is 300/350 rms, and the audiobahn amps specs are-
2ohm stereo 2x400 rms
4ohm stereo 2x200 rms
4ohm mono 1x800 (the a2800t)

and the amp is obviously overated but if i only use 1 of the channels on the 4ohm load i'll only be getting about a true 150w rms-- so should i go 4ohm mono(dosent that mean bridged???) and turn down the amp to run supposivle about 1x450w rms and then with it being overated it'll be about 350w rms??? im really in a jam and this is the only amp i can offord

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
i don't know is the a2800t a class D amp??? audiobahns website is really confusing

what should i do about the amp tho?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1880
if your math is right youll be peachy keen 4 ohm mono just watch how hard you push it we are driving that profile amp into a 150 rms sub bridged and its taking it daily we just dont distort the sub...its kickers 12 inch entry level speaker in an oversized box to boot

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1779
I'm not sure, but it looks like it is a mono

Gold Member

Post Number: 1881
this t series is class a/b just wanted you to see the t series is a/b not to suggest this amp over yours

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48597%26item%3D5772809343 %26

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
well since i don't drive untill like next february.. i'll probably just wait and hopefully better amps will pop into perspective, because all this is confusing me right now-- lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1882
danie youll be fine with that amp dont worry about it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1883
its not gonna overdrive that sub at all

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48597%26item%3D5772492107 %26

just if you were wondering this is the amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1884
find out which it is?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1885
oh ok ill look

Gold Member

Post Number: 1886
ok i messed with this amp it will drive two of those subs easy go for it its worth your price you qouted it will drive way more than 350 rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 1887
you would be better of with the avalanch instead of the atlas do one avalanch 15 and youre good to go...well worth it...the ohms would be wrong for two atlas 15's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1888
heres the link 225 bucks youll be very pleased

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/index.htm

heres the link with the specs

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Avalanche%2015.htm

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
no i was only going to get 1 15" atlas... and thats what that amp was for-- i think you've been thinking i was getting 2 the whole time i shoulda clarified that more... but would that amp still work good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1891
youd have to watch your amp gains if you get one i think that amp will push a true 600 if i remember right set the gains low but your best pick would be the atlas 15 if you can afford it trust me youll like it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1892
the atlas can handle 800 but will drive very well with 600

Gold Member

Post Number: 1893
the avalanch 15 can handle 800 but will drive very well with 600

Gold Member

Post Number: 1894
the correct one is the avalanch 15 can handle 800 but will drive well with 600

DANNIIIEEEE
Unregistered guest
yea i would LOVE to get that sub but i can only afford about 130 for subs and i thought i would go with the atlas 15"(becuz with shipping it should be round 130) and then i need a low budget amp for around 130 too, i guess i could get the audiobahn a400t i think it puts out 400 rms bridged at 4ohms so it should be about a true 300 rms lets hope.. lol that way i wouldn't have to mess with the gains even tho i would have Best Buy install it-- should i just go with the a400t(even tho it's the same price for half the wattage) because eventually i would hook up some 6x9 or a set of subs not just one

Gold Member

Post Number: 1900
well the a4002t is 133 dollars shipped the other amp you mentioned is cheaper do that just run the gains lower more power is cleaner power....thats a decent amp for the money you qouted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48597%26item%3D5772492107 %26

just if you were wondering this is the amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1901
cleaner when you can set the gains lower i meant

Gold Member

Post Number: 1902
do the bigger one its the one you found and gave me the link to its only 2 bucks more than the 4002
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us