Which amp.....?!?!?!?!

Username: Lilsherm51

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 5
OK i need an amp to push 2 12" sonys (1200w max, 350rms) from what i hear they pretty much peak out at 350rms, they only get ~3db louder at 1000w. so what amp do you guys recomend....im on a budget and want to no what decent amps there are out there for under 200$

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 6
ok ive been lookin at 2 amps,
Audiobahn A8000T Mono Amp
Max Power: 1600W
4U Mono : 400W x 1 RMS
2U Mono : 800W x 1 RMS

and

Audiobahn A8002T 2 Channel 1600W Amp
2 x 200W RMS @ 4U
2 x 400W RMS @ 2U
1 x 800W RMS @ 4U

could i wire them both up on the mono at 2ohms so each gets 400w? how about the 2 channel....can i wire them each up on there own channel at 2 ohms so they can get 400w each?

which one would be better?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 376
Since you bought Sony subs then you might as well go with an Audiobahn amp.

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 7
it seems like there are more and more duchebags on here each day....anyone on here have any useful opinions.....i understand that these arent the best amps or subs but i got the subs on an amazing deal and i dont have the money for an expensive amp....so any constructive opinions are appreciated

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2773
yes the audiobahn amp will work just fine for you. if you want also look into Mtx, and JBL they both make pretty good cheap relible amps.

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 8
which one will be better the mono or 2 channel?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2774
either one will work fine I would actually try a JBL bp600.1 if you can find one on Ebay or maybe someone around here is selling one.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1192
Depends on what impedance the subs are. If they are 4 ohm or dual 2 or 8 then a 2 ohm stable monoblock is the way to go. If they are 8 ohm or dual 4 then you'd get the most power out of a 2 channel amp.

Oh and calling people names isn't usually the best way to get good help here, regardless of how stupid their comments are.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1193
Yeah a JBL BP600.1 would be a good choice unless the subs are 8 ohm. It produces the same amount of power into 1 or 2 ohms.

-Fishy

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 9
sorry about the comment....thanks fishy and longo i think im gonna check into the jbl & mtx and if no luck ill go for the mono audiobahn.....once again sorry, and thanks

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1195
No worries.

:-)

I just haven't had a chance to bust anyones's b@lls recently. Subfanatic has been behaving himself lately.

:P

-Fishy

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2778
hahaha nice Fishy!

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 377
I'm sorry, but I was being serious. If the rms of the Sony subs is 350 x 2 = 700watts then you will need about a 2500 watt Audiobahn amp wich will cost the same as the jbl amp wich will put out about the same power. I wasn't trying to be rude, only funny. Sorry man.

Johhnstown, PA US

Post Number: 10
no hard feelings man...i was cranky last night lol

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 378
i was buzzin hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts