Like

Is my amp dead?? Help!

 

New member
Username: Firstdt

Post Number: 1
Registered: May-05
I purchased a Jeep with 2 amps, one being a "Hollywood" by Sound Labs, 650 watts driving my 2 10" Kicker woofers. While driving home, stereo cranked, I smelled burning, then my "Hollywood" amp shut off. When I got home, I checked the fuses on the amp and found both 25 amp fuses had blown. Replaced those, and then blew my 50 amp in-line fuse when I turned it back on. Checked all the wiring, repaired questionable connections, replaced fuses. The amp then went on for maybe 3 seconds, then blew both 25's again. The other amp driving my mids and tweets are unaffected. Will a bad amp do this?? Thanks!!
 

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1176
Registered: Sep-04
The amp could be dead(does it smell burnt?), but you may just have a short in your sub wiring somewhere. Disconnect your sub wires at the amp and try powering the thing up again. If it powers up ok check your wiring and make sure you haven't shorted a voice coil in one of your subs as well.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us