Short Mounting Depth Sub For Truck.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 19
Hey Guys I need a sub that will it in my Titan Truck under the rear seat.

Currently I own a hifonics amp I was running my W0's off.

it is
600x1 @ 4 ohm
300x2 @ 2 ohm
150x2 @ 4 ohm

Problem is that I only really have about 5.75 inches of mounting depth to play with unless I build a custom box, and about .74- 1 CF of airspace. I was looking at a box online that gives me exactly this. However I could probably have one built to gain slightly more mounting depth (not much) and a little more volume.

Basicaly all I have found in that will fit so far is this Audioban only in a 10 inch version,
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=217&1=218&3=3385
I don't know if it is good SQ, I don't think I have enough power, and I don't know the recomended enclosure volume. I can get it for $200 bucks if I act now.

I have also considered getting 2 JL W3 10 and making a box to force them to fit 9about 1 foot of airspace) or Possibly 2 Adire Shivas. I appreciate any Suggestions as I have not been into car audio recently. SOmeone told me Audioban was good.

I can get pics of the interior of the truck if it would help.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3320
pioneer makes subs exactly for this dilema, check those out at there site

Username: Seightgtr

Post Number: 1
Phoenix Gold id releasing a 9" sub the has a mounting depth of less than 2" and it's still the "good" phoenix gold quality. Im not aware of anywhere that has them but my local PG dealer metioned them to me the last time I went in to check out new spring models. I would expect them to be available before summer, so you'll have time to build a custom box for them, hell you may even be able to get 3 or more of them in your truck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us