Dynamat the whole door?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 123
in the first place, my door does not rattle at all. i am putting comp in the stock door location for the front with the tweeter flush mounted up near the door controls. what are the advantages of getting dynamat for the whole door as to getting the two small sheets for the speaker location? does it make a that big of a diff doing the whole door as opposed to just the speaker location. (also a big diff in money cus dynamat is fkin expensive). alos what are the disadvantages of flush mounting a tweeter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
any comments?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3867
No disadvantages to flush mounting a tweeter. Dynamat minimizes resonance, be it from the speaker or from the vehicle itself. It will quiet things down, use as much as possible basically. The other benefit is that you can create a better speaker baffle by blocking potential air leaks from the rear speaker cone, since you'd be covering holes in the door, that minimizes cancellation and also makes a better baffle, which improves your midbass response.

Username: Pdunny

Post Number: 2
dude you dont have to use dynamat there are 100's of other products out there that are up to 70% less expensive

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 88
Yea. Get the edead from elemental designs. U will be very happy. I am!

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 35
E dead

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1265
use ice and water barrier used in roofing...100sqft is like 2 bucks...

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
i heard that stuff smells in the heat. plus is a fairly new car and its a jeep so it will last so i dont want the stuff to start smelling or erroding or nutting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us