Panasonic head units, what do you think?

Username: Jamtochristian

Post Number: 2
I'm considering purchasing a panasonic head unit. I really don't want to say which one because I'm not looking for advice on which panasonic to choose. I'm actually interested in postings from what people who have panasonics think about the quality of their build, or any problems they've encountered while owning their panasonics. Please let me know, looking for a new headunit next pay day.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1467
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/12705.html

as noted in that thread, and several others, Panasonic has poor reliability and cheap build quality.

Post Number: 10
Glasswolf, I don't mean to seem belittling, but what experience have you had with panasonic HU's for you to say that about them?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1480
Over 13 years of experience as an IASCA pro circuit competitor, MECP master installer, and an electrical engineer.
I hope that answers your question sufficiently.

Username: Linearpowers1

SF, Ca SF

Post Number: 1
Panasonic makes Great microwaves but there car audio has never been all that great(just ok).The mid to upper end Alpines
sound nice.Try one,you'll like it!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1537
hey come to think of it, the microwave oven I bought for my mother for Christmas a couple years back was a Panasonic.
hmm go figure.
looks slick in black, too.
I wouldn't mount it in the dash of the Jeep though.

Bronze Member

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 11
Well, I ended up getting a JVC. The SH9700 to be exact. I like it, and quite glad I didn't pay extra for the panasonic... which was MORE. So, thanks Glasswolf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us